• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

aargh, lost keys..

Reaction score
I finally got my bling bling locking touratech GPS mount on my new bling black dirt bike and of all things yesterday I lost the key to the thing!! :oops:

No time to get a new lock before this weekend. :angryfir:

Anyone know if a locksmith could get a new key made for little lock like that? Any other suggestions? :help: :headbang: :help:

Call the company and see if they have a key code. With that, a locksmith may be able to cut a key.

I called touratech and they said the keycode was on the side of the shipping box I tossed when I unpacked it.

Evidently it's a funky euro key blank from Germany too.

But a new lock is only $15.00, I'll just have to remove the lock and hope it holds tight without it, it should. Then I'll order one later.

Check with your local locksmiths. If they have a blank for the lock, making a new key is not too complicated. I've had it done more times that I care to remember! :oops:

Carl

Dyna Sport said:
I called touratech and they said the keycode was on the side of the shipping box I tossed when I unpacked it.

Evidently it's a funky euro key blank from Germany too.

But a new lock is only $15.00, I'll just have to remove the lock and hope it holds tight without it, it should. Then I'll order one later.

also if u can get the lock out then take it to a lock smith, he mabye can make a key.

a guy i know lost all his bike keys on an OLD maxim, i was able to get the seat latch lock off and had a lock smith get me a new key, like $20 or so.
later

On the subject of keys. Is the dealership the only place I can go to get a ignition key made? Went to a couple of local places and they would not even TRY to match the key up.

Back