• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Jacket/Pants Review: Scorpion Master Mesh Jacket/Deuce Overpants

Downs

Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
I had this stuff shipped to my house while I was still in Thailand and was excited to get back home to try it. I've been using it for a few weeks now and figure I can comment on it. I'll post pictures hopefully later tonight I'm going to try to make a shooting competition after work.

I'll start with the Jacket- Scorpion Commander Mesh Size M in Day-Glo yellow :sun:

This jacket is part of Scorpions XDR (eXtreme Distance Rider) line-up which includes a few other jackets (including this jackets Textile sibling). It's 3/4 length has pockets all over and armor in all the usuall places. The Armor feels a bit on the thin side but it is CE approved. I did take out the back protector and swapped it for a heavier piece I had in another piece of gear I had laying around. It just felt really flimsy. Sizing runs true to the measurements on the Scorpion site.

The lower pockets have not only a button arrangement but also a zipper to secure them. I think the buttons would have worked just fine by themselves. With the zipper also added it takes a bit to get in there and it's basically kept me from keeping anything but money in there. Which I find days or a week later :lol2:

All the lower areas of the jacket that would be metal such as the buttons or the zipper are either rubber or nylon covered to I assume protect painted surfaces on the tank from getting scratched up. Nice touch I think. It has two chest pockets one vertical the other has a horizontal opening which I find easy to retrieve objects out of. The Vertical pocket takes a bit more work but it's a lot easier to get into than the zip and button pockets down on the bottom of the jacket. The rain liner has one inside pocket and the jacket itself has two inside pockets of the same design as the one in the liner. Just be advised the way the rain liner zips into the jacket if you have anything in the main jacket in the inside pockets you won't be able to get to that stuff without taking the jacket off.

It has probably the only useful hydration pocket I have seen so far. usually you just get a pocket with no way to "hang" the water bladder by the little hook that always comes on them but this jacket has that and good routing hard (soft) ware to keep the hose in one place.

The mesh areas aren't in areas where you would be hitting the ground and flow a good bit of air. Not as much as a full mesh jacket but still good enough to keep you cool. The high impact areas are covered with black ballastic nylon. I think the combo of black and Hi-viz yellow are good on this jacket giving it a good balance of the two colors though that is entirely subjective.

The collar has a soft lining so swiveling your head around all day shouldn't be a big deal BUT the rain liner has a "Secondary" collar I guess you could call it and it's not lined with anything. It rides a bit lower than the main collar but it's rough nylon and does annoy me when I have the liner in. Speaking of the liner it zips into the jacket well and has color coded straps so you know which strap to hook to which loop inside the jacket. It also zips all the way around and has a double flap closure which when combined with the main jacket should make the zipper all but water proof. Haven't had a chance to try it in the rain yet so I can't comment on that but the liner seems to be a good quality piece.

Overall I really like the jacket and expect it to give me years of service.

Pants- Scorpion Deuce Mesh Overpants. Black

I think all the pants come in is black but that's not a huge deal to me.

These are pretty much standard mesh overpants. It has hip and knee armor which seems to be of the same design as the thin stuff in the jacket. This must be a standard armor across their clothing line.

Zippers run the full length of the pant so you can get in and out of them with no problems while wearing clothing and boots. The rain liner seems to be of good quality but as with the jacket I haven't been able to test it out yet in any rain.

The sizing runs true so if you want to actually wear these over some real pants go up one size than what you need by the sizing chart. I didn't find this out till after I get them in the mail. Not a big deal to me as I usually wear shorts under mine or during the hotter parts of summer just underwear :eek2:

They fit over riding boots just fine I have some touring type waterproof boots that come up to mid calf and they cover those just fine. They flow plenty of air to keep you cool.

Not much to report on them they are just standard mesh overpants.

Back