• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy! An Intro by a 2Wheeled Ag...

Welcome to the site.

If you are looking at more of the standard style, Triumph Speed Fours can be picked up pretty cheap. The last time that I was at the dealer in Waco they still had a new one on the floor.

nah I havent completely ruled out a used bike at this point, especially now since I want to get something a little sooner and get to riding the streets(tho trail is so much fun)

I've been keeping an eye on craigs list and the papers/dealerships around here in the event that something does come up.

One idea I did have is that if I could find some sort of older sport bike or sport standard I could remove whatever fairings it had on it(assuming it is a faired bike) put a streetfighter style headlight on the thing and have a cool little street machine. I have the mechanical know-how and it could be fun.

It would be much easier however to find an already naked bike.

I like that little honda, sucks you cant get it legal...

I will now suggest my ride, seems to be good for you... ninja 500, about 60hp, 50 at wheels, cheap, effective, and miserly on the gas. (for you aggies, that means it doesnt use alot:rofl: )

Almost as much power as the SV, pretty light..easy to find used...blah blah, blah. Also, check out the Ninja 650, I like em better than the 599.

And welcome, from one newb to another:mrgreen:

The Triumph Speed Four is already a street fighter look, it was made from 2002-2006. Used Triumphs are a bargain, I know from experience.

06speedfour.jpg

I really like the look of that bike. I'll definitely keep an eye out for one around here while I'm saving up

Back