• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

H/D Recall for front brakes

I think GM has recalled every vehicle they ever made in the last month.

How would any Harley rider know the front brake has a problem ? Use be front brake and it'll throw you right over the handle bars is a Harley motto I thought ?

How would any Harley rider know the front brake has a problem ? Use be front brake and it'll throw you right over the handle bars is a Harley motto I thought ?

My front brakes work just fine thank you very much. :trust:

Not this guys motto. I use the front brake a lot and I ride a harley. On my 2014 the brakes are pretty good. When I had my 99 EG standard, I used to tell people that the rear brake was merely a suggestion and if you wanted to stop you needed to use the front brake.

I only use my front breaks cause my flip flops get hung up on the rear break pedal.

took mine in for the check last week mine was good. Buddy took his in the same day and they had to keep his and order the part for the recall.

I use my front brakes all the time, but they decided that a wide front tire only required one disc/caliper, so there is no chance of flipping.

I was going to make a joke, but you guys already beat me to it. :rofl:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C'mon, Harley riders need the best brakes. There's usually so much kinetic energy with the enormous weight of the bike and the enormous weight of the rider and pillion they need wide tires (large contact) and good brakes.

All kidding aside no one needs a front brake lock up. Glad they're fixing the issue. Only 2 minor reported injuries (out of 5 reported crashes that they blamed on the brakes).

Back