• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

East Texas Trail riding for kids

Reaction score
First Name
tommy
Last Name
hughes
Well we are moving from West texas back to East texas.
I am looking for some fellow trail riders to buddy up with. May also be able to provide some limited area to ride in marshall, tx. I am 35, went back to riding dirt bikes after a very long, long break (think 20+ years). And Avery my partner in crime, she is 8 years old. No real fast paces or anything. thanks:rider:

Did you find some good trails for yourself and the young gun? I have family that live in Tyler and have considered a ride with my son. What was good there?

Other than private land, East Texas off road riding is pretty dismal. Hope y'all find something.

Isn't Barnwell mountain out there? I've never been but hear good things.

Barnwell is in Gilmer. Its pretty good riding. Its about 85 miles from me so I don't get there as often as I would like. Anyone wants to meet up there let me know. I ride a 250XC and my son rides a 125SX.

Barnwell mtn is great! Caution on the young guns the trail ratings posted were rated when the park first opened. So some may be rated as 2 diamond but have been washed out to a 4+ and visa versa. My 10yo rode 1/2 of the park on a ttr 90 and begged for more:rider:

lets revisit Rusk...I bought a small plot of land there a few years back and plan on moving there for good after I get a home built...I am an avid rider, builder, trainer pertaining to anything motorcycle so i would be very interested in what is in the Rusk Tyler area.....anyone out there in the know?

lets revisit Rusk...I bought a small plot of land there a few years back and plan on moving there for good after I get a home built...I am an avid rider, builder, trainer pertaining to anything motorcycle so i would be very interested in what is in the Rusk Tyler area.....anyone out there in the know?

Curious if you ever found any good spots near rusk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's easy to find hard trails at Barnwell, but there are lots of access roads and 2-track to explore that are great for any level of rider as long as you stay away from the rocks. I go out there at least 2-3 times a month on either my XCW or my trials bike. My wife rides with me most of the time, so we're not in a big hurry. Hit me up if you'd like a +1 or just a few directions.

I'm available this Thursday PM. :thumb:

Back