• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Alta Redshift MX Bike

Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
Slover
Wow is the first thing I can say. I dont know if I could have one as my only dirt toy but man it rips

42 horses so not much different than a modern 250 for stroke, my 250KTM put out 43hp but man 120 foot pounds of torque and 265lbs of weight it flat rips got to spend about 45 minutes on one today, guys say on single track they are seeing between 3 and 4 hours of ride time about half of that on a MX course

It was weird hearing no engine noise, having no clutch or shifter but man you want to loft the wheel over something just twist the throttle and make sure it pointed in the right direction.

Rode one today at Powell ranch. Took the mx version and the dual sport version out. Loved the #3 setting. Good suspension. Great in corners, never stalls, always ready to rip. Didn't feel the weight at all.
Future looms bright for the technology.

Attachments

• 20180204_121240.jpg
    20180204_121240.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 250
  • 20180204_121338.jpg
    20180204_121338.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Rode one today at Powell ranch. Took the mx version and the dual sport version out. Loved the #3 setting. Good suspension. Great in corners, never stalls, always ready to rip. Didn't feel the weight at all.
Future looms bright for the technology.

Never stalls, winner! lol

I wonder when or even if the major competition organizers are going to incorporate rules designating where these machines fit into their classifications. Seeing a bike like this competing against the gas powered standard would be interesting. I think it would push the development even more.

The complications of variable power settings could get sticky.

I wonder when or even if the major competition organizers are going to incorporate rules designating where these machines fit into their classifications. Seeing a bike like this competing against the gas powered standard would be interesting. I think it would push the development even more.

The complications of variable power settings could get sticky.

Can't speak for m/x but in my series I would think it wouldn't be a problem. We basically go by age and ability. Now if it really showed a distinct advantage something might change. But in offroad, it's rider way more than bike.

Already happened...

[ame="https://youtu.be/CTmuawNFp8Q"]Electric MX Bike Makes Professional Debut at Red Bull Straight Rhythm | Moto Spy Ep. 8 - YouTube[/ame]

....and won.

The 2018 makes 50hp and 147 ft-lbs and is 8lbs lighter! They also dropped the price by a few grand!

You lucky sods. Lots of good feedback from the Moto rags too.

I'm willing to bet if I programmed it for 1/2 the power to suit my skills, I could ride all day long. I like that the bike, ready to ride, is the same weight as the CRF450X, ready to ride.

You lucky sods. Lots of good feedback from the Moto rags too.

I'm willing to bet if I programmed it for 1/2 the power to suit my skills, I could ride all day long. I like that the bike, ready to ride, is the same weight as the CRF450X, ready to ride.

I ride a 265# KTM 450. The weight in the Alta felt very light. No gas tank up high I guess. If you crash and have to pick it up it might be heavy.

Back