• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

No Longer Looking

jerryc

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
I am in Houston and buying an ST1300 in Albuquerque. I need to buy or rent a kendon trailer to pick it up.

I have rented the uhaul trailer before but it is heavy and hard on the 4cyl CRV.

Thanks in advance
Jerry

Last edited:
Re: Looking to Buy or Rent Kendon Trailer

I'll rent you my port-a-trailer (aka trailer in a bag).

Putting it out there. Looks like a nice 2 rail older Kendon.......it's in E Iowa and on the Adv forum now. A drive but a nice looking rig and not too much money. Think he might make a deal also :trust:

ca1671cc875ff06a106c3d62ffab3c95.jpg
80f4a7e5c60b6af37f7f903e0343dbac.jpg

Thanks erd

I may just look into buying a trailer like yours if priced right

I am also thinking about flying out to pick up the bike

He said he could hold it until September and it would be a nice time to ride into Colorado.

I’m out here now, wish I would have seen this as I could have brought a trailer easy enough. Fly and ride would be epic though, might as well do that. Or if you need a volunteer, I’ll do it for you ;-)

Jerry,

PM me, with your mobile number if you want - I have a nice single bike Kendon trailer. Recently used it to haul my V-strom up to Colorado, works great.

Jim.

Not in a position to help but, I can offer this...

1. That is an excellent combination that works from personal experience.

2014-03-08%2009.04.36-L.jpg

2. This is an excellent opportunity for a Fly N Buy. Great bike to do it with, great time of year, and could be made into a fun ride back depending on how you go. Cheap plane ticket will be less expensive than the gas most likely. Does Spirit fly between those locations? I did a fly n drive with my truck from Dallas to Tampa for $50.

Have an offer to rent a single kendon.

Will decide this week whether I am going to fly or drive.

Non stop is $162 after Labor Day and it would be really nice riding into Colorado if I can make the time.

Looking at the map, from Albuquerque to Houston will likely take two days to pick up with a trailer, but will take at least a week for a Fly N Buy. :D

Thanks to all that responded.

I have decided to make the time for a fly and ride.

I appreciate everyone's offers.

Jerry

Enjoy the fly and ride Jerry, it should be a great time!

Looking at the map, from Albuquerque to Houston will likely take two days to pick up with a trailer, but will take at least a week for a Fly N Buy. :D

hehe Yeah, funny how that works.:rider:

Thanks to all that responded.

I have decided to make the time for a fly and ride.

I appreciate everyone's offers.

Jerry
Yea!!:dude:

What you save on gas, you'll spend on motels for the extended ride home. Plus, by the time you get home, you'll know everything about the bike, good and bad and will start formulating a plan to fix it and make it your own.

Yea!!:dude:

What you save on gas, you'll spend on motels for the extended ride home. Plus, by the time you get home, you'll know everything about the bike, good and bad and will start formulating a plan to fix it and make it your own.

The only purchase expense here is the plane ticket. All other expenses get logged under "Motorcycle Trip" expenses. :D

Sure there are other methods that could cost less overall, but you get your first trip in with the bike right away, and that's way better than tracking a shipment to your house.

Unfortunately the deal did not work out so I am looking for a bike again.

The bike was on CL and looked very nice. I even talked to the guy and everything seemed legit.

I asked for the VIN so I could check the bike prior to sending a deposit and he would not send me the VIN until he received the deposit.

I decided to pass on the deal.

Unfortunately the deal did not work out so I am looking for a bike again.

The bike was on CL and looked very nice. I even talked to the guy and everything seemed legit.

I asked for the VIN so I could check the bike prior to sending a deposit and he would not send me the VIN until he received the deposit.

I decided to pass on the deal.

Good decision.

Cl? Good for local face to face. However, The investment becomes too risky the farther away from home with unknown trader.

(I know, i know, thanks capn obvious)

Back