• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - Saturday 8/18/18 @ 9a Lost Maples Cafe - TARA/SA

Reaction score
First Name
Sander
28198196669_142a7ae5c2_n.jpg

A Texas Adventure Riders Association
San Antonio Chapter Event

Come to breakfast, meet and talk with other like minded individuals. Some will also go for a ride afterward, others ride home, get out on your bike and join us for either or both.

27088441586_cdd7160ec2_m.jpg

Lost Maples Cafe
384 FM 187 Main Street
Utopia, Texas
830-966-2221
http://www.lostmaplescafe.com/

Post Breakfast Ride Information

If anyone is up for a post breakfast ride see the optional route map below. Groups usually take off before 10am. The route is a no host self-guided GPS ride, as the ride is self-guided join a group or lead one.

The post Adventure Breakfast rides are all about fun, camaraderie and being safe. Some groups will focus on completing the route, others will just relax and ride to their cut off time then break off and head home.

A group size of 4 - 6 ride is optimal, with about a maximum of 8, grouping by bike size or desired pace is also beneficial if possible.

Rain date information will be posted on the Thursday before the ride if necessary.

Route information & Map
*Disclaimer - I build the routes on my computer using the Roads of Texas map book as my guide which is the best and most accurate I have used, but not perfect, and MotoWhere's mapping program. So the route may not be 100% accurate. I do not pre-ride the route, it's an adventure for me also. Road closures, legal status, conditions and routing of county roads can change. If in doubt, turn around and find another route - DO NOT trespass. If a landowner says you are on private property, don't argue, politely ask for directions to get back to a public road.

43955913861_bf6e4c1cd1_h.jpg

For those that join my group
When I lead a group I don’t stop for lunch in a restaurant, I'm in the office all week so when I'm on a ride I want to spend as much time as possible in nature. I plan a stop about midway out in the country for snacks or a sandwich I bring with me, then of course there are the planned fuel stops.

I stop at every corner without a clear / obvious direction to continue and wait for the entire group and make sure the last rider sees the proper way to go, there is NEVER a need to ride above your comfort level to keep up, we won’t leave you, I encourage riders to spread out to avoid the dust. The daisy chain method also works well, especially when its extremely dusty to keep the group even more spread out, the rider in front makes sure the rider behind makes the corner and so on until the sweep rider makes the corner. As long as the rider in front takes responsibility for the rider behind no one gets lost. However please tell someone in the group if your plans change and you decide to break off from the group, that prevents you being searched for.

Safety and rider etiquette
Having your emergency contact information on you and having that information readily available is critical. This is important not just for group rides but everyday. Even though you may have a buddy along on the ride you may get separated on the road.
At minimum:
Name
Your street
Your town, state, Zip code
Driver's license # & state
Emergency contact
Emergency Phone
I taped mine on the bottom of the visor of my dual sport helmet, I also taped another on the back side of my fairing near the dash. The important thing is that it is easy for anyone to find.

Respect landowners and other road users, slow down and ride quietly when passing, people, vehicles, animals, homes, etc.

Last edited:
OhMy!!!! Your route looks great. Makes me wish I could be there but heading to Eureka Springs for the MOA getaway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smashy new software? Alright, alright, alright. 198 miles? Get there early?, leave by 9am?

Who's coming? The West is the best, just get here, we'll do the rest.

Last edited:
Y'all have fun. Wish we could make it down this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
I should be able to make this one. I hope to be there.

I'm planning a dirty ride over from Castroville, and being the furtherest west breakfast location it will take me longer than usually. But yes hitting the route as soon as possible will be best, though the weather is looking decent - for August...

It will be interesting to see if the Pulliam Creek crossings have reverted back to nature (like below) after the rains last week.

[ame="https://youtu.be/xOVUAVhLWWQ"]Bike Breakfast 9AM Saturday, March 14, 2015 - Lost Maples Cafe in Utopia, the after ride - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://youtu.be/q5pYN0c0m4o"]Bike Breakfast 9AM Saturday, March 14, 2015 - Lost Maples Cafe in Utopia, the after ride - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://youtu.be/oXbWz7HxmFY"]Bike Breakfast 9AM Saturday, March 14, 2015 - Lost Maples Cafe in Utopia, the after ride - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://youtu.be/SLzWtZcODCI"]Post Dual Sport Breakfast June 4, 2016 - POSTPONED now 6/11 - Lost Maples Cafe in Utopia ride - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=halwbl-wbyM"]Post Dual Sport Breakfast June 4, 2016 - POSTPONED now 6/11 - Lost Maples Cafe in Utopia ride - YouTube[/ame]

Smashy new software? Alright, alright, alright. 198 miles? Get there early?, leave by 9am?

Who's coming? The West is the best, just get here, we'll do the rest.

I am thinking of trying to make this one. Will know more on the morning. I enjoy riding with the SAvbunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I think I need a new throttle control spring or maybe a stiffer one. LOL

We need to get ate by 9am. It will be ? degrees by 1pm

Hambone...your looking at about 4 hrs from katy, better leave by 4am

Harold, 7:30a from Castroville. I have an extra wide spot to park next to the house now due to the neighbors bulldozer.

I've been at pipe Creek rv park since about 2pm after a couple jobs taken care of in s.a. I look at as " trip paid for".

Tonight's menu, the fried catfish at the ost restaurant in bandera. Figure will probably try everything on the menu. Love it.

See yall in Utopia

We need to get ate by 9am. It will be ? degrees by 1pm

At least we'll have an excuse if we fall in the water.

Love having multiple bikes, the DR feels weird after riding the 300 for a week. Especially the rear brakes, 100+ extra pounds and less power will do that.

I'll be there around 9. Coming in from daughters place outside New Braunfels. I've ridden the sisters many times but looking forward to the back roads! I'll be on DR650

Are the videos representative of a typical third Saturday of the month ride?
As I get to work, I can't find out tomorrow.

Edit: Found the ride reports: Representative pace? Yes.

Last edited:
Nice riding with you all. Thanks for the warning, Constable Watson.

Back