• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Project Bike: '05 ZX6-RR 200mph Standing Mile Build

You can always go custom and run a micro/mega squirt. Then you will get fuel and timing however you want. Takes some time to code, but its fully customizable.

Sent by my NSA monitored Verizon Galaxy Nexus.

You can always go custom and run a micro/mega squirt. Then you will get fuel and timing however you want. Takes some time to code, but its fully customizable.

Sent by my NSA monitored Verizon Galaxy Nexus.

That would be way to much trouble imo. It almost takes a computer programmer to set it up on a VW flat 4, imagine programming one on an I-4 with 8 injectors, 16,500 redline, timing retard, etc...

I can get rid of the Bazzaz and get a power commander and then get the ignition timing box for that and control ignition and even pull up to 10 degrees of timing based on throttle position and rpm. They also have the kit ECU for my bike that eliminates the need for any aftermarket controllers for fuel and i can adjust timing as well but not sure if i can set it to pull timing like the PC but i guess i could just take away timing in those parameters if im always running the nitrous...

I feel like i need some way to pull timing when spraying since i already tried C12 and holed a piston still... Especially nice if im datalogging and can make adjustments as needed for different conditions than in a climate controlled dyno room....

Last edited:
That should be good. Thought you might have been running Premium grade pump gas, which requires pulling more timimng out when spraying.

C12, 13.5:1 CR and stock CR9E plug. Was on the phone with JE pistons this morning for some customers parts and mentioned about the run and we got to talking. He told me i should have run a colder plug since i wasnt pulling timing and thinks that coupled with to much bottle pressure just detonated my engine to death... I went with the recommendation of the guys i got the nitrous setup from but he was apparently under the impression i was pulling timing so told me stock plug was fine...

C12, 13.5:1 CR and stock CR9E plug. Was on the phone with JE pistons this morning for some customers parts and mentioned about the run and we got to talking. He told me i should have run a colder plug since i wasnt pulling timing and thinks that coupled with to much bottle pressure just detonated my engine to death... I went with the recommendation of the guys i got the nitrous setup from but he was apparently under the impression i was pulling timing so told me stock plug was fine...
Yes, your right on with that!

I believe the pc-v has the ablity to switch between two maps for fuel and timing. Would that be better by creating a map for fuel and another map for fuel and nitrious?

I believe the pc-v has the ablity to switch between two maps for fuel and timing. Would that be better by creating a map for fuel and another map for fuel and nitrious?

problem is they dont make a PC 5 for my bike. Also i would like to be able to make any changes in the ECU as opposed to having a piggyback system hooked inline taking up power since its a total loss system.

so where are the pictures of the piston that went on holiday during your last run?? Hope you got back home without any issues..

Gary

havent pulled head yet. Will get pics by the end of the week.

Don't tell me you have other things to do!! You can't let life get in the way of a good story!! :rofl: Just pulling your leg..

When is the next outing planned? I guess next year, but asking none the less.. :doh:

Gary

Haha. Yeah, im working on it.

I wont be able to make the next run in spring as im getting married in March and honeymoon afterward and the soon to be wife says i cant go racing on our honeymoon... LOL. So it will be october i guess.

cONGRATS ON YOUR UPCOMING NUPTIALS![DUMB CAPS LOK!] Good luck on next year's run.

Havent been on in awhile. Here is the vid of my next to the last run. This is where i first started experiencing oil blowby and found out the nitrous controller was cutting off a couple thousand rpm before limiter so my half mile speed was good but one mile speed not so much since it pretty much wasnt spraying the last half mile since the rpms were up there and the tune was for nitrous so it was running super rich when not spraying...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZNU5LXddBY"]Texas Mile 2013 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-RR - YouTube[/ame]

Might not be your intended 200, but sheesh - 168.5 is respectful in my book. :clap:

Got my new engine dyno tuned today. Here is the vid i took. The real action starts at 0:20

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUtZlqDPork"]Nitrous ZX6RR Dyno Tune - YouTube[/ame]

Back