• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Camp and Ride for N. Texas ADV riders Friday May 4-5......the OAT trail

It will be the ONLY day of the year the wind doesnt blow 20mph in Oky land

And no chance of rain Friday or Saturday. Should be perfect!
1167f8c22dabbb27c18ca4ca3405138a.jpg

Looks good!
....except for the GETTING there part :) ( for those who need to cross the storm path..!)

- still need to confer with my buddy tonight and make a decision. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, you guys are just planning to meet & camp Friday; only ride Sat and head home Sat night?

I guess if we come, we’ll be camping or staying over somewhere up there again on Sat night on the way back from Ardmore.. maybe somewhere in NE Texas.

Anyone else planning to do similar or have any good suggestions - with addition fun route to ride?

Last edited:
Would like to get in on this, but I can’t be in two places at once this weekend. If you record the trax can you post them in your RR? Me, Jampad and dualsport rider are doing part of the OAT and TAT in a little more than a week. Have a great ride, Kevin.

OK what is the address of the place we're staying fri night? Need it to put in my GPS.

So, you guys are just planning to meet & camp Friday; only ride Sat and head home Sat night?

I guess if we come, we’ll be camping or staying over somewhere up there again on Sat night on the way back from Ardmore.. maybe somewhere in NE Texas.

Anyone else planning to do similar or have any good suggestions - with addition fun route to ride?

yep, I have a function to attend Saturday night.

OK what is the address of the place we're staying fri night? Need it to put in my GPS.
6505 Clear Creek Rd

Marlow, OK 73055

that will get you close. I will post up the GPS coordinate when I know which campsite we are at. Also, my cell is posted above if you have a problem.
4229a9bb02d0558e6ffed8673c7b71c8.jpg

Would like to get in on this, but I can’t be in two places at once this weekend. If you record the trax can you post them in your RR? Me, Jampad and dualsport rider are doing part of the OAT and TAT in a little more than a week. Have a great ride, Kevin.

Thanks Rich, I will record and post up the gpx file.

Wow, wish I could get in on this but I promised to cage the wife and dogs up the Talimena drive area this weekend. Looking forward to your tracks Kevin, thanks and have a great ride.

Wow, wish I could get in on this but I promised to cage the wife and dogs up the Talimena drive area this weekend. Looking forward to your tracks Kevin, thanks and have a great ride.
Thanks, i missed not riding with you this year at the stromathon.

Been looking at the weather for the last couple of hours, not looking good for today or tomorrow (drive time). I was planning on riding up today, Thursday, thru Dallas, but looks like to me it's all ready in Dallas. And by all reports is going to be even more rain Fri. I don't mind riding in rain on the trail but the highway is a different story.
Sorry guys I'm out.
Post this ride up again please I would like to ride it. y'all be safe!

I am in Dallas and it is very overcast, but we haven't seen any rain yet and it really doesn't look that Bad!!

Gary

I may make this if my shifter comes in time. When you say big bike friendly, you mean Harley friendly right?

Any idea how much rain they have received from this storm system passing through?

Edit:
Looks like less than 1/2" in Duncan, OK

Also looks like the skies are clear tomorrow north and west of Ft. Worth and rain clears out of the Ft. Worth area by 2PM.

Last edited:
Any idea how much rain they have received from this storm system passing through?

Edit:
Looks like less than 1/2" in Duncan, OK

Also looks like the skies are clear tomorrow north and west of Ft. Worth and rain clears out of the Ft. Worth area by 2PM.
weather is going to be perfect! They got just enough rain, and after today's sunshine and tomorrow it should keep the dust down.
905657e8c4013523be24d9a4e38c5752.jpg

Looks like fun. Had a ride with my wife and 2 other couples planned for a while or I'd be joining you.

Be careful with the campfire...those things can get big pretty fast. :)

Looks like Aaron and I are going to ride up there with a side trip to Spanish Fort to read a marker. It's an Aaron thing ...

Where to meet for supper?

yep, I have a function to attend Saturday night.

Well, the more sensible half of our duo has managed to convince the other that it’s probably a bit too much hassle to ride up through the storms to get there - for then only a short 50/50 day ride.. if it were the start of a multi-day adventure- no question..

Sucks, as we were both kind of looking forward to the idea of catching up with you again, Kevin - but suppose it IS a practical assessment of the situation... damnit! :)

Sounds like you’ll have a great time all the same!

Ride safe - and post some pics afterward!

Looks like Aaron and I are going to ride up there with a side trip to Spanish Fort to read a marker. It's an Aaron thing ...

Where to meet for supper?

I will meet you guys at Spanish fort. What time?

Well, the more sensible half of our duo has managed to convince the other that it’s probably a bit too much hassle to ride up through the storms to get there - for then only a short 50/50 day ride.. if it were the start of a multi-day adventure- no question..

Sucks, as we were both kind of looking forward to the idea of catching up with you again, Kevin - but suppose it IS a practical assessment of the situation... damnit! :)

Sounds like you’ll have a great time all the same!

Ride safe - and post some pics afterward!

I understand, long ways for a short ride.

Lets do something in NM or CO in June

Looks like fun. Had a ride with my wife and 2 other couples planned for a while or I'd be joining you.

Be careful with the campfire...those things can get big pretty fast. :)

I heard YOU were quite the pyro:)

misterk, looks like a lot of fun.... The OAT was on my mind lately too so planned a route up the east side of the OAT and then into Arkansas for some of the TAT... dualsportrider and JoToPe and myself are heading out on 10-May for a 4 or 5 day Adventure.. You guys have a great trip and I hope to ride with you again on some future adventure... Be safe my friend!

Back