• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

10th Annual Smokey Bear Dual Sport Motorcycle Ride 7/30-8/3/18 Cloudcroft, New Mexico

The unofficial banquet is tonight Friday, August 3th at Ski Cloudcroft.
Unofficial meaning, no host, show up if you want, when you want, of course during their business hours. My group will probably get there between 630 & 7p.

http://skicloudcroft.net/ - "The restaurant is also open for the summer, Friday 4-8 PM.

Just got back to Austin. Thanks again for organizing this ride. It was without a doubt the best week of riding I've had. I highly recommend this ride and we will definitely be back next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you want to be included on the email list for information about the 11th Annual Smokey Bear Dual Sport Motorcycle Ride in 2019 in Cloudcroft, New Mexico please send me a Private Message with your username, name and email address.

To send a private message click - HERE

Anyone see the news related to Sunspot Observatory being suddenly closed?

Yep, closed by the FBI riding in on Blackhawk helicopters..
They still have not said why and it's been a week.

I'll go first...

Federal jurisdictions, some type of law/ ordinance probably violated other than perjury or leaking classified information.

If we are guessing, Someone said Chinese spying on Whitesands missile range from there. Seeing how it is a University installation, that could easily be infiltrated.

If we are guessing, Someone said Chinese spying on Whitesands missile range from there. Seeing how it is a University installation, that could easily be infiltrated.

Certainly a plausible Theory. Jim, you could be 100% correct , or not. Not judging you . Sociologically speaking, I think its so interesting how quickly this stuff can take off . No one can resist a good mystery.

match-burning-fire-flame-close-up-animated-gif-image.gif

Orson Welles War of the Worlds comes to mind

Personally, I think it's the attack of the Solarians

Last edited:
Interesting stuff for sure. Some folks on YouTube have done some pretty decent coverage on the theories.

Back