• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kaitlin and MSF Day 1

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Wagner
Well, I took the day off to get Kaitlin to her MSF course. Showed up a little early and had a chance to talk with Miles her instructor. He is very knowledgable and it was a pleasure to talk with him. So I decided to come back on her lunch break and feed her some lunch at the Marquez Bakery, and she comes out and tells me she got a 100 on the written portion and is looking forward to getting on the bikes and learning the good stuff.

So after lunch I drop her at the course and confirmed the finish time and off I went, I didn't want her to feel pressured by me hanging around. Finally at 5pm I geared up and headed back up to the range and the group was just finishing for the day. After they talked about the day and everyone left. Kaitlin, Miles and myself talked for awhile, Kaitlin is doing well just needs to keep her head up a little more. Kaitlin is excited about tomorrow and is looking forward to go back for day 2 and learn more too become a safer rider.

She is now just a day away from finishing and she feels very confident on the bike.

Dad is proud she has made it this far, and am looking forward to the rides in the near futre.:clap::rider::eek2:

It's cool that she is excited about it.
Hope the next day just seals the deal. :rider:

Good report. Tell her to keep up the good work. At which location is she taking the class?

I believe that Brian mentioned the UT Arlington location. I thought it was going to be on a weekend & thought about dropping by as well, maybe at the end of the second day. As it is, I have to work. :tears:

Be sure to let us know how it went today.....I love training new riders!:rider:

The class room portion was at Randoll Mill and the rding protion is at Six Flags mall.

We did ours at 6 Flags 4 years ago - they had a classroom inside the mall - I guess that must be closed or unavailable now?

Should be great weather outside for the riding portion today! :sun:
(when we did it - the temp was 103!)

:rider:

Well it is day 2 and I got the call while she was at lunch, it only took her 2 tries to get the box. On her third attemp she made it without putting a foot down, now she loves the box.

I will update with a total day post later tonight.

She sounds like she is doing great, and loving the feeling 2 wheel freedom. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

If you see her Instructor later today, you might want to let him know he needs to contact DPS-Motorcycle Safety Unit in Austin.

Sounds like he ran all of the classroom on Day 1 and that is no longer allowed.

Glad she's having a good time in class.:rider:

If you see her Instructor later today, you might want to let him know he needs to contact DPS-Motorcycle Safety Unit in Austin.

Not so, yet. At the conference it was mentioned that this would start in 60 days. That expires today if I looked at the calendar right ("Frequently wrong...never in doubt"). I also think there are some possible revisions about to be distributed.

Not so, yet. At the conference it was mentioned that this would start in 60 days. That expires today if I looked at the calendar right ("Frequently wrong...never in doubt"). I also think there are some possible revisions about to be distributed.

My understanding was that it was to go into effect immediately and they would begin actually enforcing it on March 1.

However, I was also only listening with one ear since it doesn't affect us. :sun:

Hmmmmmmmm maybe they did a liitle book work today.

So, will she be at the DPS office tomorrow morning at 7:30 get the "M" on her license? :trust:

Back