• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2016 9th Annual Uncle's Around the Bend, Feb 25th - 28th, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent idea.Use to be some outrageously good seafood in Ojinaga.
They'd fly it in fresh for the drug lords and restaurants would take the rest.
That was a while back though.

The best pollo empanizado I've ever had was in OJ

RE: Bringing your passport - you can use your passport inside BBNP to make the crossing to Boquillas. The crossing entrance is down near Rio Grande Village. You'll be getting gas there if doing Big Sandy/The Desert Challenge.

I'm out. Don't know what's going on, but I've managed to wreck both of my trucks in the last week and won't have the money to make it there and back.

Really, Jbird? There's gonna be about a dozen people coming from the Houston area. I'm sure you could hitch a ride.

Also: count me in on my lovable, huggable, gawkable, and awkwardly ugly DR650, aka the DRnky. With my saddlebags and Pioneer-like prepping, I'm sure to be a sweeper and support bike. Also, my 6.6gal fuel tank with dual fuel lines Will probably come in handy.

Signed up, registered, paid!!!
Planning on bringing these two bikes: XR650L as my main ride and a little 1967 Yamaha YCS1c (180cc 2-stroke scrambler) for the Dos y Dos.

BzBElvj

I will be looking for a way to trailer one of those bikes from Georgetown (north Austin) to the rally, please let me know if anyone has room!

Thanks!!!

-Steve

Attachments

• 2015-12-31 20.52.05.jpg
    2015-12-31 20.52.05.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 224
I also am hoping to get down there early, if possible for pre-show hooliganism, border crossings and tequila drinking.

-Steve

*I wish I could go back and edit my posts*
I have a hotel reservation for the El Dorado Hotel for an early arrival on Tuesday through Sunday Check out, renting their old travel bus. I might have room for one more in the bus if don't mind sharing a bunk bed. PM me if you are interested in sharing rent.

Also, Deana (sp?) at the El Dorado Hotel said the hotel is fully booked, but there might still be access to an old Airstream trailer.... so if you're interested it might be the last available bed.

-Steve

Problems paying today with PayPal. After it told me the $105 would add a $3+ fee, it went into limbo. Then I tried again and the screen is locked. There is no confirmation email so I will try again from scratch. Hope it does not go through 3 times!

I'll be there Tuesday for the Hooliganism.
I was there for Christmas with the family.
One day was like this
The next like this....
I've got a weather rock that is pretty dependable

Attachments

• 20151228_124301.jpg
    20151228_124301.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 212
  • 20151227_114624.jpg
    20151227_114624.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 214
I am trying to get there early too with the CT90. The only ride I committed to was the DOS Y DOS because the CT90 is a bit light for the other rides. It is a lot of fun in the BBSP trails.

Signed up, registered, paid!!!
Planning on bringing these two bikes: XR650L as my main ride and a little 1967 Yamaha YCS1c (180cc 2-stroke scrambler) for the Dos y Dos.

BzBElvj

I will be looking for a way to trailer one of those bikes from Georgetown (north Austin) to the rally, please let me know if anyone has room!

Thanks!!!

-Steve
nice little Yamaha ride, she is probably dying to go to mejico...

I'll be there Tuesday for the Hooliganism.
I was there for Christmas with the family.
One day was like this
The next like this....
I've got a weather rock that is pretty dependable
I can't wait for my coworker that has more seniority than me to retire in a few hrs, so I can do the same with my family. I was wandering, that if this ride was scheduled during Valentine's Day, the amount of riders going to the event wouldn't decrease but increase !!!

I can't wait for my coworker that has more seniority than me to retire in a few hrs, so I can do the same with my family. I was wondering, that if this ride was scheduled during Valentine's Day, the amount of riders going to the event wouldn't decrease but increase !!!

A true gentleman would make sure his lady had a WR250R prepped and ready to go and this is where they'd celebrate Valentines Day:

i-GRCDBDZ-M.jpg

Made my payment, can't wait to go. I'm planning on making it to the new to dual sporting dinner unless something major comes up at work.

Just paid via PayPal, I have my reservation at BJ's RV Park, I think I finally got all of the planets to align! I'll be heading down there the 11th to ride with ThumperGirl then hanging out/riding til Uncle's.
I look forward to seeing y'all down there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back