• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Zipolite, Oaxaca 2018

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
https://vimeo.com/269613385

My Filmora video using the DJI Mavic Pro footage I captured at Zipolite, Oaxaca in February. Pretty cool to get a bird's eye view of a destination that every Mexophile has to visit on their bucket list. To get to Zipo, run straight south out of Oaxaca city on Mx 175, cross Mx 200 and take a right after you hit Puerto Angel.

i-gg6knt7-S.jpg

Never had taken a drone to Mexico or Guatemala before, but I'm pretty pleased with this first effort and will be taking "Mavuelo" (the drone) again on future trips.

i-GnPML9Q-S.png

Filmora is a very easy platform to learn, much easier than Adobe Premier Pro or Final Cut Pro. A lot more feature intensive than iMovie.

Music is by non other than Phil Hilger, who is PeerGum on SoundCloud.
Phil and Sapna are crossing today from Panama to Colombia. I ran into them in Antigua, Guatemala.

i-58F47Nx.png

Thanks Phil for permission to use your music! Click on the link and check out Phil's other music!

Take a gander at it and if you have any questions, comment or send me a PM.

Not sure if it's playing full screen, so if you want to watch it full screen, click on the Vimeo name in the lower right hand corner, and go full screen there.

Thanks for Watching!

Nice work Bob. I enjoy playing with my drone, but still really don't have the knack for video editing, but I'm starting to get a clue as what works.

That’s a really nice piece you have created there - captures that isolated Mexican beach feel so well. I got my Mavic because I liked some footage where it was using its follow capability on a motorcycle. Of course, haven’t ever done that with mine! Thanks for the Filmora tip - it’s all in the editing.

Nice work Bob. I enjoy playing with my drone, but still really don't have the knack for video editing, but I'm starting to get a clue as what works.

Thanks man. I think if you did decide to get into it, you'd be quite good. It's just another one of those things where the initial learning curve puts most people off, but once you climb the first little hill, it becomes smoother sailing.

That’s a really nice piece you have created there - captures that isolated Mexican beach feel so well. I got my Mavic because I liked some footage where it was using its follow capability on a motorcycle. Of course, haven’t ever done that with mine! Thanks for the Filmora tip - it’s all in the editing.

I think the quiktips are these:

(1) Keep videos short

(2) Lots of edits and changes of views

(3) Music makes or breaks a video (and/or sound, if a talking head is involved)

(4) Lots of work involved, so only do it if you really like editing!

It amazes me the quality of the video. that is one cool drone. Mine is pretty neat but way bigger. I was impressed when Rusty brought his to my place. I used mine to scout a fire in 30 MPH wind and it made it home but burned up the battery pretty quick.

I'm editing on a fairly high end gaming computer, which I don't use for gaming.

The downside to all the new tech/video 1089/60 & 4K stuff are the huge file sizes.

The upside is pretty clear and crisp display IF the focus is correct going in. Which about 1/3 of my raw stuff wasn't :doh:

I just purchased a Parrot Bebop2 power and am really impressed with it, the video colors are not as bright as I would like, but the drone is small and compact making it very easy to transport, the controller and flight plan software are really easy to use and the results have been amazing. I have made about 10 flights with it so far including 4 unmanned flights where it flew just over 4 miles away, filmed a park where I walk my dogs and flew back!! Truly amazing. cant wait to use it on some DS rides and on holiday for getting videos like yours!! Need to find a good collection of background music to add to the videos!!

Couple of pointers for ya (not that I'm the expert), but:

(1) With most editing platforms you can boost/change color/brightness etc etc in post

(2) A simple Google search can give you free music to add to your videos, or you can select from the free stuff editors like Filmora give you. Search YouTube for anything you have questions on about making videos.

Couple of pointers for ya (not that I'm the expert), but:

(1) With most editing platforms you can boost/change color/brightness etc etc in post

(2) A simple Google search can give you free music to add to your videos, or you can select from the free stuff editors like Filmora give you. Search YouTube for anything you have questions on about making videos.

Thanks TricePilot, I haven't actually edited the video yet, I have just been viewing it directly from the drone.. I will take a look at Filmora.. :trust:

Gary

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0la4Ry0QTmw"]Royalty Free Music for YouTube Videos (Copyright Free) - YouTube[/ame]

Very cool video. Oaxaca has to be my favorite place to ride in Mexico (so far). Awesome offroad riding and twisty roads so long they had me begging for a turnpike.

Gracias por los cumplidos

You might be interested in my Oaxaca Ride Report

I read your report before going on my trip. I very much enjoyed reading it, thank you. If you ever go back to Oaxaca and you want to check out some awesome riding the route in read below is a network of dirt roads atop of the mountain ridge that connects small towns. The views, the people, and the riding is phenomenal. Gas is sold out of peope’s homes as well as food. There are no hotels but plenty of friendly people willing to rent you a room. The highways in yellw that cross the mountain range from Gulf side to Pacific side are some of the twistiest, longest, and loneliest roads i’ve ever been on anywhere.

Attachments

• 5517AA49-0EA3-49B2-8972-F019D9AAE3B0.jpg
    5517AA49-0EA3-49B2-8972-F019D9AAE3B0.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 539
That is an interesting post. You did this route?

Yes.

Left Beaumont TX with plans to reach Guatemala and then turn around and meet up with my wife in Guanajuato. When i got to Catemaco, Veracruz i started missing my boy and the wife so i decided to turn around and start heading North tk GTO through Oaxaca. Thats when i found the awesome riding through Oaxaca. I still have the kmz file if you’re interested. One day i’ll have to go back and finish my trip through Chiapas and Guatemala.

Sent you a PM for the GPS trax you spoke of

When you're ready for Chiapas and Guatemala again, I'll share the highlands route that Julio/Guaterider gave me and which Doug Muxworthy and I took to include the memorable crossing of the Rio Pasión at Sayaxché

Back