• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hi Ya'll, I'm fairly new to Texas / Galveston & TWT

Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Mueller
Wife & I moved to Galveston from Littleton Colorado just short of a year ago after Harvey (had to wait for Roads to open).

Grew up in Southern California, moved to Colorado late 94'

I've been riding since 1970, first bike purchased as a "Basket Case" for $10 (1964 Tuhatsu 50), parts in boxs including Engine partially disassembled with Head removed.
Assembled it, rode it for awhile and sold it for $50.

I am currently riding a 83' GS1100ES that I purchased new in San Diego April of 83'

Love it in Galveston, I Retired in June 2018

Marco from Hicks UHAUL in Galveston referred me to TWT.

It rained this past weekend, I was able to ride onto the Beach (West End), and had a guy shoot some photos...

Later, randog311
d90ffa64318555623649ae704f779120.jpg
a5199bab55761b73bc7e72db279fc9b7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Very nice indeed.

Look for meet and greets in the upcoming ride section.

Hope to see you at one soon.

Wow, that's a nicely kept bike. Welcome to TWT.
Thanks, I have been a Pro Wrench (Automotive) since 1974

I am tha only one that maintains and performs repairs on this 83' Suzuki, it currently has just over 78,000 Miles on the clock, I believe I put 10,000 Miles on it the first year.

BTW, soon after moving to Littleton Colorado (Mile High) I installed a Supertrap (Superlight) 4 into 1 Exhaust, ditched the air box, added individual K&N Filters and Jetted the Carbs with a Dynojet Kit and gained back the "Seat of the Pants" performance lost by moving to High Altitude Colorado...

Now having the GS back at Sea Level it's a Rocket, awesome, great fun...

If you can, try to find a photo of the Cover of Cycle Magazine March 1983 Volume 33-3
I found it but was unable to copy a link to it on my phone...

Later, randog311

You lived in Littleton??? My wife & I own a house in Centennial, just off Arapaho. My daughter & son-in-law are living in it right now, but when circumstances permit, we'll be moving north, kicking them out, and living there ourselves.

:welcome: & enjoy! Nice ride there......:sun:

Welcome! We have a regular Clear Lake Bike night just up the road from you. Now and then, we’ll do it down on the Island at The Spot on the seawall. Also, there’s a regular Monday morning breakfast (South of Houston Breakfast) in Alvin at Joe’s Event Center next to Joe’s BBQ on Hay 6. Check the Upcoming Rides sub forum.

Welcome to the site. Seems we travel in similar circles. Born in Oceanside (dad was military) but home is Colorado. My three sisters and brother still live in the Denver, Littleton, Colorado Springs area. Started riding in 1973 in Glenwood Springs on Kawasaki's. Gave up riding for many years after I moved back to Denver, married, had kids and moved several times. I lived down in League City for 10+ years. Now settled north of Houston in Conroe, where the best riding in the area is only minutes away.

That Clear Lake Group meets on Wednesday nights and is a good group to hang around, with a few notable exceptions! :-) It's a good group to show of that Suzuki too! I haven't made it to the Monday Breakfast group, it's a long way from Conroe but hear it's great group also.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site. Seems we travel in similar circles. Born in Oceanside (dad was military) but home is Colorado. My three sisters and brother still live in the Denver, Littleton, Colorado Springs area. Started riding in 1973 in Glenwood Springs on Kawasaki's. Gave up riding for many years after I moved back to Denver, married, had kids and moved several times. I lived down in League City for 10+ years. Now settled north of Houston in Conroe, where the best riding in the area is only minutes away.

That Clear Lake Group meets on Wednesday nights and is a good group to hang around, with a few notable exceptions! :-) It's a good group to show of that Suzuki too! I haven't made it to the Monday Breakfast group, it's a long way from Conroe but hear it's great group also.
Thanks for the information...

As far as the Wednesday Night meetings go, there is a conflict with Church (Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings).

I will try to make it to one of the Wednesday night meetings in the near future...

Later, randog311

Welcome to the site.

Impressive "first owner bike", looks like NOS just recently leaving warehouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the site.

Impressive "first owner bike", looks like NOS just recently leaving warehouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks

I would like to find a "Decal Kit" for it... NLA

They are beginning to Fade and Peel[emoji17]

Welcome! Galveston isn't a bad place to retire. @tshelfer, wife and I looked at a few places in Breck a couple weeks ago. May be more TWTers in Colorado soon.

Welcome and thanks for sharing the pics of the classic bike you have. Great looking machine.

Welcome! Love that bike, it immediately reminded me of my all time favorite bike - the Yamaha FJ1200. Like you I did my own (mostly) maintenance. Air cooled, all motor, some fairing (but not a lot), what a runner.

See you on the road sometime.

Dave.

Back