• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1970 SL100

147.jpg

I have the flyer for al SL70. A lunatic Honda mini collector friend from the Corpus area gave it to me after I mentioned that I used to have one taped on the underside of my big brother's bunk-bud (I slept on the bottom). I went to bed every night praying for one; never got it!

(at least I got the flyer)

Hmmmm... just figured out that this thread is about the 100!

I wore out two of those flyers before I got My SL-100, carrying around in My pocket, so I could look at it 100 times a day.:rider:

My first full sized wheel Motorcycle was a 1971 Candy Red SL100K1. The Brochure you are showing is for the first year which was a 1970 model. Not many updates, if my memory is still correct, I think the seat was a little different, the exhaust pipe had a update of some sort and the kick shaft size was increased due to people breaking the shaft where the kick lever attached to it. My 71 got wrecked (totaled) in a off road accident and I ended up buying a new green 73 SL100 with yellow graphics on the tank. That bike eventually got a Bassani exhaust system and many up grades and was raced also. Many memories on SL100's. I skipped the SL125 and traded for a SL175 (twin) next. Weird thing is a have the 1970, 1971,1972 and 1973 original brochures for these bikes. Amazing......

Did you ever finish this never ending project? The write up has been great! :clap:

Would love to see some nice pics of the finished bike. I'd like to use one for the front page image rotation on the site. I might even grab a few of your pics from this thread of the various stages where you show the case internals, engine bits, etc,... All cool stuff!

I wore out two of those flyers before I got My SL-100, carrying around in My pocket, so I could look at it 100 times a day.:rider:

+1, I had the red just like the picture, traded a yamaha 100 enduro straight up to a guy who rode up on it at Honda North Dallas, not sure who got the better deal but He and I have been close friends ever since.

Back