• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tim's Kawasaki S1 Restoration Thread

And So It Begins

And So It Ends

I've decided not to move forward with this project and have offered it back to Carl. We're gonna talk about the details sometime in the next week or so, but suffice it to say that if he passes for whatever reason, this project will be for sale.

The long and short of it is that I've dumped a few Grand into my KZ project, and now that it's mostly complete and I'm extremely pleased with it, I'm once again out of room in the stable. Plus, the S1A (unlike the KZ) is difficult to find parts for and -- to be perfectly honest -- doesn't excite me the way it once did. In addition, I have a very busy autumn and holiday season planned, and in all reality will end up just letting this bike sit against the back wall of the garage for another six months. That ain't right. It needs to be finished and ridden by someone who will give it the attention it deserves.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in taking the S1 off my hands, let me know and I'll keep you in mind in case Carl decides not to take it back. If he passes, make an offer and come get it. I want it out of here yesterday.

Back