• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lead (or other dense material?)

Water! Simple solution I'll consider. But I already have two of these pouches waiting on a material to fill them with. And it's fairly compact which is why I got them.

Interesting read here: Now - where do I get some Osmium?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Density

It's often used for the tips of fountain pens, probably expensive ones, it has properties that suit that application well.

Dogs? As in Plural? And a drink?

I actually remembered when I got home to grab a bag. Now I just gotta remember to get it over to Ken's for lunch.

Plural since I know how you like two at a time. And a drink. Heck, splurge - get some chips and a cookie! :eat:

Scott, I have plenty of Steel Shot for your pouches but you will need to put it in a sealed plastic bag to ensure no moisture gets to it, I also have about 10 pounds of Zinc

Plenty of Aluminum oxide, Garnet and Coal Slag that could be used for a weight

I have some broken bags at the office, ( we do blast media for a living) be happy to get you some. If you want I could meet you Sunday on my way to Dallas somewhere along I35

I can pony up all you need in exchange for some nice photos of my wife and daughter sometime

I have a bunch of old motorcycle and lawn tractor batteries collecting dust up here.

Thanks everyone for the comments and offers....

I secured a 25lb bag of lead shot which will work perfectly split between two bags I have.

Robert -
I still owe you another lunch! Yep. You can't say no. Not an option.

Little late here - if you want heavy but lead free look to a local babbit bearing repair shop and ask for some babbit

Or go to an industrial supply shop and get a couple pucks of cerrosafe (Brownells has this also) or cerrobend...more expensive but safe

Back