• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

KLR650 Thread

Have a question for the pros I got a Shinko e805 rear tire today and it turned out to be a tubeless tire anyone know if I can still run it on my klr ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rode another 200 miles or so and couldn't replicate the problem. I have the kickstand and clutch safety bypass mods done, but I don't have the T mod yet. I had a vapor lock problem a while ago from some pinched vent cables, but I got that taken care of. Going to pull the starter button off and make sure it looks good in there.
Thanks for the tips!

Just a reminder Patrick, I have your torsion spring still. Appreciate the loan. Can drop it off when ever you need me too.

Is anybody running a 140 on there klr I have a 2016 and was wanting to run a 140 probably at Continental 80

You can easily run a 140 on your bike with no changes to the chain which is 106 link 520 o ring with 15/43 sprockets .
A 150 will fit if you remove the chain guard, but minor chain rub on the side will occur if you have chain slap.

I'm currently running a ,Heidenau K60 69T 140/80/17 with about 9,000 miles on it with superb success.

For the 270 reference, remember the 270 has both a higher speed and load rating over the 244.
I have a 270 for sand an quick dirt runs like Big Bend type terrain.

Been working on the Slaugo express this late summer. I just about have it dialed in. Few more adjustments and some cargo holds and it'll be good to go for a Big Bend/ Pala Duro/ Kermit sand dune trip.

[ame="http://youtu.be/KAIKwMfKcBI"]KLR 650 with a single wheel adventure trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Congrats. Love the camo look. Check out Sam Houston. Some great trails there.

If you want to meet us in Bastrop we ride there all the time.

Are the trails opened back up? I heard they have been shut down for maintenence.

Are the trails opened back up? I heard they have been shut down for maintenence.

Been here since 06 and have never seen the Bastrop Trails closed. As for SH you might wanna check with them if you're gonna haul, if you're gonna ride then it's a good excuse to check.

Been here since 06 and have never seen the Bastrop Trails closed. As for SH you might wanna check with them if you're gonna haul, if you're gonna ride then it's a good excuse to check.

Oh, i need to look into Bastrop. I was referring to what i though meant SHNF.
Sorry.

Any tips on kits or the best way to seal the rim ?

Check the Super Moto sites. They've been doing it for years. All the tubliss systems you can buy aren't DOT legal. I've seen and helped many that have failed trailside and road side.
It helps to have a 250lb or less bike.

Shakedown run on my home made single axle trailer. Cost has been $0 so far. Tracking nice on and off road.

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iLTNYHOqjcw#"]KLR 685 single axel Gen I trailer in tow also - YouTube[/ame]

wow. that's pretty nice. how hard was it to get the right spring rate?

Signatures? We don't need no stinking signatures!

So that requires an annual registration and license plate just like any other home built trailer?

_

That's nice. Looks like it tracks really well.
Have you tried it with much weight yet.

Hey guys, In an attempt to reduce vibrations and hand numbness, I'm thinking about adding a set of Pro-Taper Aluminum handlebars and Pillow Top Grips. Also going to install the Eagle Fork Brace. Any other suggestions?

I've already installed a 16T front sprocket, gel grips, aluminum risers, the KLX kit, exhaust, more street oriented tires etc.

I plan to upgrade the Doo at some point, does anyone in the Austin area have the tools for this job I could rent or should I buy the kit including the tools? Thanks!

I've got the tools. I installed the doo in mine, but haven't put in the coiled spring yet. Sounds like we could make a day of it. You in a hurry?

I've got the tools. I installed the doo in mine, but haven't put in the coiled spring yet. Sounds like we could make a day of it. You in a hurry?

No hurry, it would be nice to work with another person on the project. Let me know If you need me to add the spring to my order. It's the least I can do for the use of those specialty tools and your experience!

Back