• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Compact DSLR type camera: Samsung NX1000

poser

Reaction score
First Name
jason
Last Name
bohac
THe wife sent me a link to Woot.com for a really good deal on one of these, and mentioned getting it for me for my birthday. What do you guys think? Looks legit.

NX1000_FS3_B_1024x768_1.jpg

http://www.samsung.com/us/photography/digital-cameras/EV-NX1000BABUS

PS: It's a woot-off today, so if you didn't grab it right then, it's probably gone already.

PS: It's a woot-off today, so if you didn't grab it right then, it's probably gone already.

yeah i think we missed out unless she grabbed it earlier.
I was being indecisive :doh:

It all depends on whether the NX mount is here to stay... I'd hate to invest into lens system (which is where the expense is) just to watch some other format come on top.

I switched from Canon EOS to Micro 4/3 mount-highly recommended for portability! When I was deciding between the smaller system cameras you had Samsung, Sony & Panasonic/Olympus. Sony lenses were too big and Samsung felt like a half-assed attempt. They're all pretty good today but still love my Olympus (had the PL2, now have the OMD...pretty boss setup). I feel like the M4/3 will be around for a long time (some of the biggest growth in the camera business based on recent reports)

I'd certainly argue Olympus/Panny have lenses very well covered! There are charts out there showing their range.

Amazon deal of the day often has one or more of the smaller format cameras on sale for 40-60% off retail.

If it is anything like the m4/3'rds stuff it will be great for outdoor and/or well lit photos. In low like the smaller sensors suffer. And the Olympus in particular had horrible ISO performance. But if Samsung can better the typical m4/3'rds sensor performance, then it should be a pretty decent little camera.

I went away from the smaller cameras because of lens cost and low light performance. At least Samsung is better on the lens cost given what Nathan has posted up from B&H.

Back