• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Live View and MF Nikkor on D7000

Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Went for a ride yesterday (ride report in After the Ride in Dual Sports) and found Live View on my D7000 proved useful.

Each time I stopped to shoot photos, I didn't want to remove my full face helmet, but couldn't see through the small viewfinder. So, I flipped on Live View and composed the photo like a Point & shoot. Worked great.

In addition to my Nikkor 20mm f4 ai MF lens, I "zone focused" by putting the lens at f11 and infinity mark on the blue mark and my photos were in focus and well composed.

All in all, very satisfied.

Live View also works great when you want to hold the camera over your head for 'crowd' shots......

So far , I have not had a problem using the view finder on any of the 3 cameras I use with my full HJC on. Course the SonyA57 you have to move it a bit to see the info if needed, then zero back on your shot. The Minolta Z7 is no problem as it's quite a bit smaller than the A57. Both are live feed though the view finder as well as the screen. the Canon G12 is neat on the moveable screen as Scott said, Neat to hold it high and use the screen if not in too bright of sunlight or it's useless. The A57 isn't that much better on the screen in bright sun and the Minolta is hopeless. ha ha ha .
But, I agree, the Modular hats make it much easier , just have not found one I can wear on a long trip. Have tried 3 of them.
Maybe since I'm fixing to redefine my long trips since my crash in the Davis Mountains a month ago, I may check them out again. ;-)

Back