• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ride turns epic ... The wrong way

You learned from your mistakes and thats all that counts! And, hey, I would love to have a 250 next to my 1250 for those days when its nice to run WOT and get to "throw" it around a bit! So, ENJOY.

I gotta admit, the pictures are quite unimpressive. That said, I've been stuck once or twice where I look around and say "You gotta be kidding me, how can I NOT get out of this?" And then I don't and have to ask for help. Worst was a bit of soupy mud that I stalled in. Between the mud, the kick start, and my short legs that just sunk into the mud, I couldn't get enough purchase to get my body up and on the kick starter to give it a good kick. My buddies of course were kind enough to make me pose for a picture in my predicament before helping me out. I look at the picture even now and it looks easy, but I remember well the struggle. Glad you got your bike out and that worse things didn't happen.

You learned from your mistakes and thats all that counts! And, hey, I would love to have a 250 next to my 1250 for those days when its nice to run WOT and get to "throw" it around a bit! So, ENJOY.

The 250 we have right now is really just a bike in case something like that happens and we need another vehicle. very cheap Chinese bike. But it rolls and gets my body from a to b

I just wish our adventure 250 would be here already. we have 2 Cyclone RX3 on order from the first shipment. In retrospect that would have been the right bike for the job, but you know what they say about hindsight, right?

Being a on-road rider, I had no idea clay was so slippery, no wander the comments in the other forum.
It is easy to criticize and glad you got help getting it out.

Last edited:
Being a on-road rider, I had no idea clay was so slippery, no wander the comments in the other forum.
It is easy to criticize and glad you got help getting it out.

Buds and I started to ride Schofield Pass while raining. The part maintained near Crested Butte was clay on top, and was slick beyond belief. Almost couldn't get up the slightest hill, like ice. The mountain bikers were having fun too.

Coincidentally the last time I rode the beach High Island to Sabine Pass a Versys with street tires is exactly what Jqueen rode. He made it all the way without issue and the sand was very deep that day. A KTM 990 with full knobbies turned around after 1/4 mile. Youth, strength and mad rider skills trump equipment every time.

_

You are probably talking about me on the KTM? I made it about half way, 6 or 8 miles before turning around. I decided that day that the big Adventure bike isn't the right tool for keeping up with the youngsters while riding the sand.

As you say though, it's all about the rider and not necessarily the bike. I have ridden the beach many, many times, mostly on a DRZ and I HATE, yes HATE the idea of digging that big ole KATOOM out of the sand.

Back