• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kymco

V-lust

Reaction score
Anybody have experience with Kymco? A buddy called this morning to see if I knew anything about their scooters. I don't but figured somebody in my internet family would. Thanks

I had a Kymco Super 8 150 and LOVED it. (Except for the tiny tires...) I believe our DonRoger had one of the 500s a few years ago. They are really nice rides - fast, comfortable, durable (even when you lowside in a parking lot and skid about 30 feet but that's another story), and fun!

If I had a place for a scooter, I'd love to have my Kymco back.

I have a Kymco People GT300i. Bought it new a couple years ago. Have a little over 2,000 miles on it and the only thing I have replaced on it is the battery. Kymco and SYM or made in Taiwan and or supposed to be better built than the mainland China scooters. When I was researching them before I bought mine I read somewhere they built engines for Yamaha or Honda for years.

I have a Kymco 125 that i bought new in 2008. It has 6K miles and all i've ever done is replace the tires ( not worn, just old), and a few oil changes, it still has the original battery. Very dependable and fun to ride.

I have a Kymco People GT300i...

Nice. That model always caught my eye. People styling, lightweight, larger wheels and 30 hp motor. I bet you can surprise many cars and bikes off the line with it.

Kymco is not sitting still either. New models are just as impressive.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKA3r5sVm98"]Kymco AK 550 2017 - YouTube[/ame]

_

I know you can buy OEM parts for Kymco.
Parts might take a while to get to you from across the Pacific Ocean,
and customer service might suck like any company with small dealer network.

Kymco is a big company in the world.
They were at the Houston Motorcycle show many years ago.
They allowed group test rides.
They gave me a free T shirt.
I rode the 500cc scooter.
I was impressed.
But looks like the company did not really make a big splash in USA.

Haha...I had no idea TWT has a scooter subforum!!!

Last edited:
I had to order parts (see lowside above...) and had no problem getting them. There are dealers (one in Decatur as a matter of fact) and they get stuff in less time than I've waited for OEM parts for Q. I got plastics and a mirror in about a week. It took me almost four weeks to get a gasket for Q the one and only time I ordered it through the dealer.

The nice thing is that if you don't slide sideways across parking lots much, you likely won't need parts because they are rock solid scooters! :-D

Thanks for your input guys. I got a text from my buddy who bought two 110cc Kymco scooters thanks partly to your encouragement. He was very appreciative of your comments.

Kymco has a USA partner w/ a physical warehouse located in Spartanburg, South Carolina, nearby the BMW plant.
They stock all the parts & new scooters and utility vehicles for distribution to all the USA Kymco dealers.

Any Kymco owner can lookup and buy parts directly from Kymcousa.com too.

Nice. That model always caught my eye. People styling, lightweight, larger wheels and 30 hp motor. I bet you can surprise many cars and bikes off the line with it.

Kymco is not sitting still either. New models are just as impressive.

Kymco AK 550 2017 - YouTube

_

Uh oh, with my love for scooters, I might have to get one. Scooters are under-rated.

I had the water cooled 50cc 2-stroke Super-9. Total hooligan bike.

kymco_super9_main.jpg

Great scooter vid;

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrOek4z32Vg&list=RDxrOek4z32Vg#t=41"]Good Thing - Fine Young Cannibals - YouTube[/ame]

Back