• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sargents and Taylor Park areas

Reaction score
Finally got to go to Colorado and put some rubber on some high altitude dirt, roots and rocks. I will say the altitude definitely affects power and breathing. I would suggest to re-jet and re-gear as well as having armor and the correct tires and a non-tube system. Not going to waste time with any stories. Going to place a few pics in here for you guys to look at. Be patient and come back for more....

IMG_1143-L.jpg

IMG_1146-L.jpg

IMG_1152-L.jpg

IMG_1153-L.jpg

fullsizeoutput_9f5-L.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking breakfast in that last pic!!! I could eat that everyday.
Do you need any sort of off road sticker or permit to ride in those areas?
We camped outside of Ouray in 1981 and had a very good time.
I stopped in a bike shop on the way and I bought a Bing 120 jet to trade for the Texas 160. I was on a 1980 Husky 125 and it was very happy at 9000 to 13000 feet.
Ouray to Telluride, across Imogene Pass in 45 minutes. Jeeps, 3 hours.
I want to go back. I won't be in such a hurry. Do I need a sticker or pass?
I need to scan in a picture of the 3 of us posed on top of one of the passes.RH

Yes.....you need a Colorado OHV sticker and a spark arrestor. You can order the pass online or pick up at any Walmart.

You do NOT need to be street legal......that is unless you plan on riding around on the paved roads for miles at a time.

I forgot to ask, Do I need to be street legal? Have spark arrestor, that's not a problem. RH

Seems like when I was there last year, kinda like Ark, on forest service roads and trails they weren't street legal. Razors and quads running everywhere. As stated, get on asphalt and all bets off. lol

There are a few trailheads where you have to ride the road to get there. I doubt they will say anything. I really never see cops in CO anyways.

Acting like an adult is always a good thing. Those ohv stickers available at all Walmarts in CO? Will the TX sticker suffice? I am plated but don't mind contributing to keeping trails open. And finally, yes, that breakfast looked awesome, Tomichi Creek?

Yes.....Walmart will have OHV stickers and if they don't you will get a form to carry with you. The TX sticker will NOT suffice.
Breakfast was in Salida.

Last edited:
Very nice! Hope y'all had a jolly good time rompin and stompin. You didn't by chance have some crazy guy on an 1190 chasing the group while taking the shortcut back to the store did you?

Back