• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

recommendations prescription riding sunglasses?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23845
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23845

Hi,

My old Costa riding sunglasses are falling apart. And the prescription is also 5 years out of date. My current optometrist does not seem to carry anything that would work. I am seeking rugged, impact resistant, polarized, wrap around, with some air flow.

Does anyone have recommendations please? Is there a provider in the Houston area?

cheers and thanks

If you've got any relation to public safety or military service, Oakley has super discounts. I prefer the Half Jacket or Flak Jacket.

Hi,

My old Costa riding sunglasses are falling apart. And the prescription is also 5 years out of date. My current optometrist does not seem to carry anything that would work. I am seeking rugged, impact resistant, polarized, wrap around, with some air flow.

Does anyone have recommendations please? Is there a provider in the Houston area?

cheers and thanks

Take your prescription to any optical shop that carries glasses you like.

Hi,

cheers and thanks

Here's a link to where you can order Rx sunglasses - http://www.eyelabrx.com/

I stopped at their booth at the Dallas Motorcycle show this year & ordered a pair of no line progressives with transition lenses - I've been very satisfied with them.

Just a thought if you don't want to go to the cost and hassle of having an extra pair of glasses; get a helmet with a built-in sunvisor. I find it so much easier and convenient.

Just a thought if you don't want to go to the cost and hassle of having an extra pair of glasses; get a helmet with a built-in sunvisor. I find it so much easier and convenient.
Have worn glasses many years and this is what I would tend to do. Wear a single vision RX pair of regular lenses and flip the shade down when needed. Haven't ever wanted more tint than it provides even with a low sun in the face. OTOH...when you stop and are on foot it is nice to have a pair of shades so that makes the case for a RX sunglass.

Last edited:
Back