• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Fly Maverick Shorty Boots

my6

Reaction score
First Name
David
Seeing that it's the HoHoHo shopping season and it's weeee bit slow at work this morning I just thought I'd give do a write up on my new Shorty Mavericks. I'm a review Nazi and did my homework on them before taking the plunge. Lot's of people said that they are too stiff. Uuuuh, they are supposed to be.;-) if you want to protect your feet/ankles. Bunch of Whinners:rider: I had a good feel for the shift lever and brake pedal during our ride and I walked around in them for several hours after last weekend's "After ThanksGiving Ride" and have no complaints what so ever. Oh, and in over 45 years of riding I have never owned a pair of waterproof riding boots and I doubt these will be any different. At just over $100 bucks how could you go wrong on these boots? I give them the official My6 seal of approval. :thumb: Oh, one more thing. I wear a size 9 1/2 shoe and got an 11 boot. I always wear street socks and MX socks to add a bit of cushion in the event of hard impacts to the toes. It has served me well over the years and the fit was perfect.

Last edited:
Interesting, not what you usually see for "Shorty" boots, those are pretty high and still offer ankle protection compared with the boots you usually see that resemble armored sneakers. I'm probably in the market here in the next few months and will keep this in mind, thanks for the heads up.

Back