• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Thin winter gloves

Bought the freeze out glove liners and for future use the balaclava that was also $10 instead of $30.
At 67F all I know is glove liners made me sweat on way home, so they work in warm weather ;)

I'm however questioning my move to XXL when XL of my gloves weren't in stock on the exchange, since the XL felt pretty tight (making them pretty stiff) with a thin pair of gloves underneath I thought I'm smart but the size increase on the fingers was proportional, the thumbs however are disproportionately longer, which I missed.
So I'll have to see if I can rectify this with a little extra effort on "seating the fingers".
Wrinkle/seam between left index finger and thumb I had on old one is at least gone.
Cuff definitely fits better over jacket which is also a plus.

I'll find out how they do in mid 40ies on Monday on way to work, I very seriously doubt I'll put in effort of getting up early to test them tomorrow morning.

Freeze-out prices are excellent right now.

Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cycle Gear's store brand gloves do run about a size small. I have a couple of pairs, and have to buy XL instead of L. My hands are large, but not huge. I don't have Jimi Hendrix hands (in more ways than one, trust me).

Tim's hand size noted.

Figured it would be interesting to use the freeze out liners with my warm weather gloves at 65F, while that's not cold it's not warm either.
Impressive, zero wind felt.
Short trip back from the Shell to house at 45mph with just warm weather gloves on wind blew through it as expected and I doubt I would have enjoyed the previous 1.5 hours like that.
I might just dare repeat the same gloves in mid 40ies tomorrow.

Also 1.5 hours without Airhawk on the stock seat without complaint from the buttocks, sveet.

They're the best liners I've personally used. I'm not a huge fan of Cycle Gear, but have an assortment of the Freeze Out products including glove liners, skull caps, balaclavas, and one of those funny shirts with the diagonal zipper. I keep an extra pair of glove liners for cold weather jogging and they work quite well right down to freezing, which is about where I draw the line on jogging anyway.

Was only 38F this morning.

This:

79ff2b7454f58dc0415b8940248d2803.jpg

Plus this:

25027d40c575c78bae0fd55bc53d83b0.jpg

Actually worked without that piercing pain after coming out of the cold into the warm. No, it's not something I'd do again, but it was impressive nonetheless.

Thank you very much for suggesting these liners.

Back