• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Stripple riders

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Tamez
Any past Triumph Street Triple Riders? Looking for another naked bike and was considering a Yammy FZ8 but then ran across a 2010 Street Triple R that was really nice. Having owned an older Sprint ST, I have a soft spot for triples. Should I let my inner hooligan out? Both have some nice Farkles but the orange color of the Stripple is kinda drawing me in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I gots me a flat black Bell helmet that will go well with either one but yeah, leaning towards the Triple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raises hand. I have a 2015 675 STRX...it is a gem. The 2010 is not quite as refined, but an amazing engine and overall package. If I recall, Triumph changed the first gear ratios in later bikes, like mine, because the earlier bikes wheelie so easily. So, beware.

The orange is beautiful, that year has the twin round headlights too-- iconic. What is the mileage? Check for chain and sprocket wear. Also be advised tune ups are not easy or cheap, and the bikes produce pretty terrible mileage per gallon...and yes hooligan is the middle name...and they sound just lovely...wound up.

I gots me a flat black Bell helmet that will go well with either one but yeah, leaning towards the Triple.

You'll need a bigger helmet to accommodate that big !@#$eating grin !!!:rider:

I have a 2013 STR. It is a great and fun bike. Its only problem is that it doesn't like to follow, it likes to be in front.

Last edited:
Well I brought home a scantily clad English lass with a nice set of headlights on her. Gonna lock her in the garage with the Asian model
01accbba3edffd4eec99dcd5eed4d664.jpg
3a5a0ff46f23f877f429cd72b50a1406.jpg

Congratulations...you are going to love that Triple! Looks like aftermarket cans also. The bikes don't have a lot of quirks in my experience. Good on the fly screen, you will enjoy speeds above 70 more. Short wheelbase makes for lightness. Bikes can be a bit squirrley in high winds.

Tally ho!

That’s a great looking bike. If the seating position didn’t resemble a yoga pose for me it’d be high on my most wanted list.

Hmm, I rode home yesterday thinking this was pretty comfortable. I’m 5’4 though. Once it hit 80+ you could feel the wind. Took seat cover off and thru on some soft bags since pipes are carbon fiber. Bonus, tank is metal so my tank bag went right on. 2010 with 2800 mi.?! He bought it from a local big name dealer 1.5 urs ago and rode it about 400miles.

Ann* -- seating on the Triples is pretty upright and neutral. Not a Triumph Daytona or classic crotch rocket geometry. Very comfortable although you do sit "in" the bikes. I love the wedge shaped tank for knee bracing, and tapered narrow seat for those corners.

Sharkey-- that bike is not even broken in. I am also your height. Get it a new oil filter and change...sitting a long time. The bikes really sing above 9000 rpm....enjoy, be safe!

Congrats sharkey, my favorite color on a Triumph too. I test rode one of those a few years ago and was blown away with how much fun they could be. It reminded me of a street version of racing a YZ 125 back in the day. Too much fun!

Hmm, I rode home yesterday thinking this was pretty comfortable. I’m 5’4 though. Once it hit 80+ you could feel the wind. Took seat cover off and thru on some soft bags since pipes are carbon fiber. Bonus, tank is metal so my tank bag went right on. 2010 with 2800 mi.?! He bought it from a local big name dealer 1.5 urs ago and rode it about 400miles.

I’m a solid foot taller. That wind pushing on you catches me like a sail. It was the reason I didn’t like my naked SV1000 as much as most folks who ride them. It was a great bike...just not a great fit for me.

Back