• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Greetings from Aggieland

scratch

Inactive Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Massie
Thanks for the invite to your new board, Scott! Looks like a good thing you started here.

About me: I'm tall, devilishly handsome and have a genius-level I.Q. - in other words, your typical anonymous web-surfer. :mrgreen:

Seriously, I'm a 44-year old weekend biker who works and lives in Houston but rides out of the Bryan/College Station area. Free storage at my brother-in-law's aircraft hangar makes this feasible. Frankly, after getting hit by a drunk driver a few years back the thought of two-wheeling in city traffic gives me the heebie-geebies, so backroads only for me now.

I'm on my fourth bike, a Y2K Triumph Sprint RS. Very happy with it so far; it's proven to be almost ideal for the 200 - 300 mile day trips I do. My riding style is pretty sane, as can be attested to by the chicken strips on my tires - not that I won't lean it over when the opportunity presents itself. :wink:

Hope to see you guys around some time!

Paul M.

Howdy Paul,

Welcome to the site! Are you also a member of the TSRA? That is the Triumph Sport Rider's Assoc. They are predominately Sprint ST riders, but they let me and Beth in as the token rice burners on our VFR 800's :-) They are a good group of folks. I think the website is:

TSRA

I've been to several of their rallies and they are great fun. It is has an international multibrand membership. Other than me and Beth, I only know of a handful of them that live in Texas.

We are doing a ride next weekend (Mar. 15) starting here in Huntsville. You are welcome to attend. Hopefully it will be pretty weather, or at least not raining :;-)

Adios,

I wasn't aware of a Triumph group in the state, other than the various local RAT chapters; I'll have to check it out.

Weather permitting, count me in for the March 15 ride. I'm intrigued by the description you've given elsewhere about the roads up in the Hemphill area - is that the ride you were planning?

Howdy,

The TSRA is a national organization. But there are members scattered about the state.

Yes, we will be heading out near Hemphill and hitting some of the better backroads. I'll PM you my street address and you can go to maps.yahoo.com and enter it. It will draw you a map to my front door.

Adios,

Back