• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Micro Start - small battery jumper

cdc

Registered Lurker
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Diaz
Micro Start - XP1 - XP3

Saw this in another forum and think is just unbelievable!
Very small / compact battery jumper capable of jump-starting large engines and hold the charge for a long time.

[ame="http://youtu.be/vu0bkwKuPpg"]Antigravity Batteries MICRO-START XP-3 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://youtu.be/bf7u8rQTt94"]Antigravity Batteries Micro-Start, Starting Demonstration - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Looks like what is covered in Motorcycle Consumer News this month. Didn't read it all but it looked like an awesome tool to have on board.

lowe's got in the Pilot PPS device before X-mas and have them discounted down to $79 now. I am probably going to get at least one.

If you do get one, make sure it has the voltage protector built into the power leads.
Once the vehicle is started, the 14V power will wipe out the jumper.
You have to unhook it as soon as the engine starts.

On the micro start from antigravity they state to remove cables artery vehicle is started . I got one for Christmas might need to discharge my truck battery and see how it works .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you do get one, make sure it has the voltage protector built into the power leads.
Once the vehicle is started, the 14V power will wipe out the jumper.
You have to unhook it as soon as the engine starts.

I will have to check that, I do know the jump function is electronic, from watching the video you plug in the jumper cable, hook up to the battery and press a button on the unit.

I don't under stand how it would be bad for the unit, it dumps crazy amps jumping the vehicle, alternator cant push back remotely near the discharge rate.

the included charger puts out 15 volts.

Some of the techs here at work have them. They would loan them out and get them back shorted out.

They have all since gone back to the conventional jumper boxes.

Moral of the story-Don't loan 'em out.

checked the web site and it does have protection device against reverse polarity, reverse charge, and clamp to clamp shorting.

Pilot instaBoost 400

From the Lowe's link, most reviewers thought it was a gem but more than one didn't, e.g.,
Terrible Manufacturing
1 / 5
AZIceBear
Time of Purchase:within last month
Place of Purchase:online
Level of Expertise:Intermediate
December 8, 2014
Features:
2 / 5

Value:
1 / 5

Design:
1 / 5

Quality:
1 / 5

Ease of use:
3 / 5

I went to use this after my battery died in my car. I had the clamps fall apart on me with minimal pressure. Also, I noticed that the charger was making a loud noise when charging up. There are better jumpers on the market for the price.
As an added issue, it would not start my car as it does not have sufficient Amps to do di.
I am very dissatisfied with the product overall.
Cons Low quality, Not durable
I would not recommend this to a friend
Facebook Twitter Digg Reddit StumbleUpon
Was this review helpful?115
Flag

I got a few of the Antigravity ones at Christmas (one for each kid and one for me). Plan to haul mine on the bike for trips. Both my cars have new batteries right now, but the bike one is a bit old.

I have one, and my son a Tech has a larger version for work.

They are called Rescue Pak by Lil Lightning,LLC Sold though Western Power Sports and others Im sure.
attachment.php

I have used mine to start our F350 Powerstroke motor when the battery's were cold and low.

I can jump start 9 trainer motorcycles that are cold and cranking to slowly to start, and not take the pak down but a single bar on the power meter.

Attachments

• jump pak.jpg
    jump pak.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 263
Back