• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

Butler Maps - printed motorcycle maps for riders by riders

Reaction score
THC map now available!!!
http://www.butlermaps.com/Motorcycle-Road-Maps/15/Texas-Hill-Country

Free shipping for 2-3 maps (any combo) with discount code: TWT

Howdy y'all,
We produce waterproof & tearproof motorcycle specific maps from the riders perspective. We are currently working on releasing a Texas Hill Country map this spring! We ride ALL the roads and rate them with a patented G1-3 rating system, with G1 being the best of the best.
Ride like a local! http://www.butlermaps.com/

No more buying a generic paper car map, looking at the roads hoping you picked some bike worthy ones & having it tear apart in a few days. No more hours of researching online, asking locals where the best roads are. We have spent 3 years riding and extensively evaluating all of the paved roads in each state. We have developed and patented a 3 tier ranking system that gets you quickly on THE best roads in the state! Now you can use our maps alone to create the ultimate tour & day ride loops.

A few years back we saw a huge need for a high quality motorcycle oriented road map. Looking at a road atlas from the gas station will tell you how to get from point A to B but it won’t tell you which way is the coolest if you’re on two wheels. There are a few companies out there who have attempted to lead us toward good rides, but in our opinion they fall short in the sense that their maps only lead us back to where we started, or leave out some of the best stuff around. What if I you don’t want to loop? Where do you go after the highlighted route is finished? If it’s a trip of a lifetime, you do not want to miss the best roads!

As map geeks, we feel you can never own too many maps. Our state maps compliment any existing printed or GPS maps you already own. Our maps give you the big picture view that is essential for planning. For heavy GPS users, plan with our maps and then have your GPS guide you to those roads. Waypoints are provided in our detail sections.

Additional info, dealers lists & rally info is found here:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717

Please PM me if you have any questions!

Thanks,
Bill Eakins
Butler Maps
http://www.butlermaps.com/

Last edited:
I CAN TELL YA......I've seen their maps......& they're really high quality stuff. Nicely laid out with plenty of detail.The featured rides have great descriptions + a bunch of other info to go along with them.

A REALLY USEFUL TOOL.....for those of us hooked on visual vehicular travel. ...huh

Excellent!! I will definitely buy one... or two and three if you make maps for Arkansas and Oklahoma.

here's some of the detail on a small section of the dirt road listings

Attachments

• Threadgill Creek Road (Medium).jpg
    Threadgill Creek Road (Medium).jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 881
Very nice stuff... I've read the blog entries from one of your guys (I think) going around the world over on Outrider Journal, very cool.

please expand on that.
i'll pass along.

It was more of a joke. Everyone has an opinion of what is good BBQ and although it might not agree with mine, its still a valid opinion (no matter how wrong it is :mrgreen:). Places where everyone agrees the food stinks don't stay in business too long.

The Quest for the Holy Smoke is a thread on ADVrider that discusses BBQ. Bon appetit!

I'll judge my own BBQ. Dirt roads, Country Roads, Farm to Market roads, that is a sorely needed map in all parts of Texas. IMHO

I'll judge my own BBQ. Dirt roads, Country Roads, Farm to Market roads, that is a sorely needed map in all parts of Texas. IMHO

I rode with Scott from Butler Maps last weekend & got to preview a copy of the Hill Country map. It will have tons o great riding highlighted with their color coded road ratings. The map should cover an area roughly from Bracketville (SW) to San Antone (SE) west of Menard (NW) to Salado (NE)

GET READY TO RIDE THE GOOD ONES!!!

thanks for all your help Rod!

I rode with Scott from Butler Maps last weekend & got to preview a copy of the Hill Country map. It will have tons o great riding highlighted with their color coded road ratings. The map should cover an area roughly from Bracketville (SW) to San Antone (SE) west of Menard (NW) to Salado (NE)

GET READY TO RIDE THE GOOD ONES!!!

Got a guy (Olaf) from eastern Canada who will be here in Waco tomorrow to pick up a friend's Sprint ST which I helped sell to him back in November. We're going to ride a cross section of the hill country hitting some of the paved (delights) highlights before heading him over into east Tx for his trip back north.(& to TN/NC/VA/NY...etc)

The Butler Hill Country Map is just not quite ready yet but Scott has graciously agreed to let us use a half size preview working copy so Olaf can see what kind of Texas Twisters he's gonna be ridin on (or ridden that day).

BIG THANX to Bill,Scott,Court & Justin for gettin this map "out there" & lettin me be a part in the process. I've been wantin to let all the folks "in" on all the cool little back roads (I) we ride regularly & these guys just happen to have the maps that can do it with attention to detail.
Rod Powers

4-24 UPDATE
Well ...We racked up 690 miles on Thurs & Fri touring the hill country. We only hit some of the highlights during that short time but it was fun. Olaf is now on his way back to Canada via LA,MS,TN,NC,VA,PA & NY. He was so impressed with Texas,that he's already thinkin about another longer trip ....maybe in the fall. He'll have his BUTLER MAPS next time.

Just ordered the Colorado map to give it a look over,
More maps will be ordered if it passes the inspection, ;-)
Mike

Back