• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RT or GS,

The aerodynamics of this bike are such that really windy days are still comfortable. It just slices through the air. Now, I can't comment on pillion comfort as I've only sat back there for a brief moment once.

The new water cooled RT is an awesome bike and I would say is better than the BMW K1600 in terms of weight and nimbleness. I know the 1600 has way more torque, but the RT is just so comfortable and it also use to be a popular steed for many of the top IB riders until the FJR stole some thunder. The RT has vastly superior suspension to the FJR including the new ES model. Reliability between the FJR and the RT, well that is another topic.

:trust:

RB

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI09xs-4iTE"]New water cooled RT[/ame]

Here is what I selected for my touring.
9df42f69de8393b35cecd7073f96be8f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never figured I would like my 05 12GS, but 136k miles later proved otherwise. Retired by a minivan but sold to a member here as salvage. Still the most reliable and comfortable bike I've owned.

So... made a decision yet? Noticed the K bike is going out the door.

Well yea, I'm working a deal for an RT. Two up comfort a factor, and I don't need a 500 lb dirt bike. The RT is an impressive product, but still some distance for service. Oh well.

Well yea, I'm working a deal for an RT. Two up comfort a factor, and I don't need a 500 lb dirt bike. The RT is an impressive product, but still some distance for service. Oh well.

The "R" bikes are pretty easy to maintain yourself. I know this because even I was able to do it :trust:

Where does one go for BMW service in Tyler. I might possibly retire there in a few years.

Cool! I expect pics of you and your lady in scenic destinations. OK, maybe not so many with you... just her and the bike. :lol2:

I've had four or five GS's and presently have a 2006 RT ( which I ought to sell since I have only ridden it once in the last six months) and a 650 Vstrom. My Strom will do 98 percent of what my GSs would do. ( at half the cost or less )

As in what, Hardy, sit in your garage too?

:lol2:

Sorry man, just bustin' yer huevos :trust:

Back