• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

FOUND! Stolen 2013 CBR500R race bike K.C., MO

Centex

Reaction score
Bike has been recovered - see post 3

I know it's a long shot but the TWT community is widespread ....

A few days ago CMRA racer Dean Thimjon's sprint and endurance team bike was stolen from his garage in Kansas City, MO:

2013 CBR500R
VIN: MLHPC4414D5002257

Bike has: Penske, hotbodies, woodcraft, M4, AK20s, PC5, captured rear caliper and adjusters (home made...no mistaking it), dented tank on right side...white with red arrows and #26 on it.

I'll add that as a fully race-prepped machine it is/was extensively safety wired, so many prominent bolts (caliper bolts, for example) are drilled for that even if the wire is removed.

Please contact Dean via d2motorcycles (at) yahoo.com if you happen to trip on any leads.

http://www.cmraracing.com/showthread.php?31646-Stolen-2013-CBR500R-racebike

Thanks

Last edited:
Re: Stolen 2013 CBR500R race bike K.C., MO

I posted it up on my Fb. I have a few friends that do track days in K.C. and in the area.

Re: Stolen 2013 CBR500R race bike K.C., MO

Posted by Dean today on the CMRA board ...

Police found my bike. Guy was riding it around town and crashed it. He left it on the side of the road and a police officer just happened to see the bike laying there. Thanks everyone for keeping an eye out.

Cool! Always good to hear when one's recovered. Now if they can only catch the thief . . . . .

Back