• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I passed, I passed, I passed!!

The U-turn is important, when your ride leader has made a wrong turn and 6 or 8 bikes change course, turning around on a small two laner happens. To do it without putting a foot down or worse dropping it is a skill.
I can see why it is taught. Do NOT foo foo the box.

You obviously have followed me before!

Sisterhood! I may have male hobbies but I also have girlie parts ;-)

What makes the hobbies male?

Congratulations on passing the MSF course. I took it about 35 years ago, and became certified as an instructor. I never taught the course.

My favorite exercise was riding the figure 8. With others in the figure 8 at the same time.

I agree 100%. My Wife rides street and dirt motorcycles and compete in shooting competitions. Meanwhile in the kitchen, if you need something baked you better turn to me as I'm the cook in the family. I'd say these days the line between male and female interests/hobbies/whatever else is about as blurry as it gets and I like that.

I just don't like it when she beats me at 3-gun!

I agree 100%. My Wife rides street and dirt motorcycles and compete in shooting competitions. Meanwhile in the kitchen, if you need something baked you better turn to me as I'm the cook in the family. I'd say these days the line between male and female interests/hobbies/whatever else is about as blurry as it gets and I like that.

I just don't like it when she beats me at 3-gun!

Simply by the number of participants I think is what she means. Motorcycling and Shooting are male DOMINATED activities without a doubt. It's not a masculine or feminine thing.

Congratulations on passing the MSF course. I took it about 35 years ago, and became certified as an instructor. I never taught the course.

My favorite exercise was riding the figure 8. With others in the figure 8 at the same time.

There was 83 men in the instructor class and 5 women. There was 5 men in the Motorcycle class and 1 women. ;-)

Numbers don't really matter. What matters is what you feel, and how you ride.

:welcome: to TWT. Lots of great riding ahead of you. Follow a few of the rides. Lots of folks here who won't steer you wrong.

Back