• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Geographic Google Map of Two Wheeled Texans

Welcome aboard from a fellow GS owner. I was stationed in socal for a few years till 2016.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Just added my pin.
Did not put the motorcycle pin, just the default. Can that be changed?

Last edited:
Just added mine. Maybe we can resurrect this and get more pins on the board.

It's unlocked so anyone can add their own location/user name/photo. The downside to this is that anyone can also go in and mess it all up, so be careful that you don't edit other user's info or delete info or change settings.
I haven't looked at this in years and noticed that there are a lot less pins showing now than there were years ago. That's the downside of opening it up for anyone to edit, some folks make mistakes and eliminate the pins that belong to others. There are also SEVERAL layers added to the map which never should have happened either. Such is life.

Click on the link in the very first post of this thread to bring up the map.
When the map first loads make sure the TWT Users "layer" has the blue line showing on the left side of the names (see image).
If not, just click anywhere in that first box of names to ensure that is the layer being selected. Don't add another layer and don't add your user name to one of the other extra layers below the main one. EDIT 10/17/22: I deleted all the other layers as well as any pins that only had an address or a city name attached to them instead of a User Name. The existing TWT Users layer is now the only one and it will NOT have the blue border running down the left side as indicated in the attached image.
Below the search bar ON THE MAP you will find a few more icons; back arrow, forward arrow, hand, pin, draw a line, directions, and ruler.
Click ON the pin icon. (see image)
Your mouse will then change to a crosshair.
Move to the crosshair to the location of your choosing and LEFT click.
It should drop a pin at that point and open up a box for you to edit.
Replace the point number with your TWT User Name and if you so desire you can add further info in the larger box below that. For example I have two pins; one for the summer place and one for the winter place, and if you click on either of my pins you'll see my user name and which location it's referenced to.

It would also be useful for anyone who has already dropped a pin to go into the map and make sure it was under the TWT User layer and not some other. If not, then please delete the previous pin and layer and place a new one using the correct layer. That will help future users from adding to the confusion. Thanks

TWT guide.png

Last edited:
I just added my Pin and Photo, I noticed almost nobody else added a Photo?
randog311
1983 Suzuki GS1100ESD Original Owner

I'm on the map but the only way I know to find it is this thread. How do we access the map from the main web page?

I'm on the map but the only way I know to find it is this thread. How do we access the map from the main web page?
I don't know what you mean by "the main web page". The main web page of what?

Regardless of your response, can't you just bookmark it in your browser and then click on it from there?

I don't know what you mean by "the main web page". The main web page of what?

Regardless of your response, can't you just bookmark it in your browser and then click on it from there?
Yes I can do that, but it would seem to make more sense if there was a link on the Two Wheeled Texan web page. Otherwise, no one else will be able to 10 find it and 2) use it.

Don’t know if I did it right. Apparently I did have a Google account not with a Google email which I’ve never had. Oddly I can click on other points and see who they are but not mine when not signed in. I’m point 28. Fixed. LoL.

Last edited:
Yes I can do that, but it would seem to make more sense if there was a link on the Two Wheeled Texan web page. Otherwise, no one else will be able to 10 find it and 2) use it.
For instance a pinned post at the top of a forum section. That’s typically done with forum rules and stuff like that.

I haven't looked at this in years and noticed that there are a lot less pins showing now than there were years ago. That's the downside of opening it up for anyone to edit, some folks make mistakes and eliminate the pins that belong to others. There are also SEVERAL layers added to the map which never should have happened either. Such is life.

Click on the link in the very first post of this thread to bring up the map.
When the map first loads make sure the TWT Users "layer" has the blue line showing on the left side of the names (see image).
If not, just click anywhere in that first box of names to ensure that is the layer being selected. Don't add another layer and don't add your user name to one of the other extra layers below the main one. EDIT 10/17/22: I deleted all the other layers as well as any pins that only had an address or a city name attached to them instead of a User Name. The existing TWT Users layer is now the only one and it will NOT have the blue border running down the left side as indicated in the attached image.
Below the search bar ON THE MAP you will find a few more icons; back arrow, forward arrow, hand, pin, draw a line, directions, and ruler.
Click ON the pin icon. (see image)
Your mouse will then change to a crosshair.
Move to the crosshair to the location of your choosing and LEFT click.
It should drop a pin at that point and open up a box for you to edit.
Replace the point number with your TWT User Name and if you so desire you can add further info in the larger box below that. For example I have two pins; one for the summer place and one for the winter place, and if you click on either of my pins you'll see my user name and which location it's referenced to.

It would also be useful for anyone who has already dropped a pin to go into the map and make sure it was under the TWT User layer and not some other. If not, then please delete the previous pin and layer and place a new one using the correct layer. That will help future users from adding to the confusion. Thanks

View attachment 332888

Evidently mine went away...
Re: Geographical Map of Two Wheeled Texans

Done! Thanks!

Redone.....

Back