• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

"G'day mate", erm.... I mean "Howdy"

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
G'day from down-under, I guess the name gives it away really
New to TWT and nearly new to Texas.
Old hand at riding bikes though, been learning for about 30 years, hope to keep on learning more as I go.

Hopefully I will have something more useful to add as time goes by.
Ride safe, remember there are old riders and there are bold riders, but not many are both.

Welcome. I'm in the "forgetting about" stage now ;-)

Aha, by down-under you mean Houston? :mrgreen:

Welcome aboard. Whatcha riding?
Lol, nice... a little further south

Kemah.

:wave: Howdy! Kiwi is NZ, right?
Give that man a prize! Yep Kiwi is from New Zealand and by the way, the fruit was named after us, not the other way around. We were called Kiwi's because of the native (and flightless) bird of New Zealand by the same name.

Welcome. I'm in the "forgetting about" stage now ;-)
errrrm ok.
Does that mean I should forget about you or you should forget about me?
I've forgotten the rules of this game.....

Welcome to Texas, Partner!

You know, Davy Crockett only lived in Texas for six weeks, yet we consider him a Texan. So as far as I'm concerned after six weeks you're one of us
Really? I spend more than six weeks a year in Texas but still think of myself as a tourist. The wife's a native Texan but I don't hold it against her.;-)

Galveston?!?!?! :eek2:
KEMAH!!! Although I have been to Galveston, I can honestly say I wouldn't want to live there. No offence to the BOI's among us, its just that I like living above sea level by at least 20 feet, just in case!
Welcome to Texas, Partner!

You know, Davy Crockett only lived in Texas for six weeks, yet we consider him a Texan. So as far as I'm concerned after six weeks you're one of us.

That's right, you're not from Texas, but Texas wants you anyway!
Why thank you, pardner (imagine a JW swagger here)
Thats good enough for me!
I got to use Crocketts famous quote with a friend as I left NZ, "Y'all can go to ****... I shall go to Texas". Fortunately he got the joke.
Great song too, thanks I hadn't heard that one.

Really? I spend more than six weeks a year in Texas but still think of myself as a tourist. The wife's a native Texan but I don't hold it against her.;-)
My wife is too, a native I mean. Gotta look out for those Texas girls, they getcha every time! lol. I do however hold it against her... as often as possible! :rofl::trust::rofl:

Thank you sir, glad to be here, but who do I speak to about getting a little rain around here and turning down the heat a little? :sun::sun::giveup:
Apparently y'all don't believe in the color green much... brown is pretty popular though....

Welcome to our little slice of heaven. Never did say what two wheelers you favor?

Thank you sir, glad to be here, but who do I speak to about getting a little rain around here and turning down the heat a little? :sun::sun::giveup:
Apparently y'all don't believe in the color green much... brown is pretty popular though....

Rain? If you find the guy, send him my way because I need to talk to him too. Don't worry about the temperature, it will warm up soon and this mild stiff will pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to our little slice of heaven. Never did say what two wheelers you favor?
Good reminder, thanks for that.
I currently ride a 2001 VFR800, which I like but am thinking about selling or trading for a dual sport.
One thing I have realised is that I need to stop riding like a young fella and focus more on what really pleases me, making miles and seeing the country that most folks never get to appreciate.

Rain? If you find the guy, send him my way because I need to talk to him too. Don't worry about the temperature, it will warm up soon and this mild stiff will pass.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah... about that.
I tried to talk to him but he was here and gone so fast I can only hope he headed your way.

Here's some rain for ya....just because you asked.
:clap::clap::clap:
Gee thanks Jasen, your a real friend. Your skills are truly impressive, almost magical even. Now for your next trick.... how about an 800GS with the ultimate package of farkles and goodies, or a Tiger800 with safari package??
Just how good are you exactly???
:eat::eat::eat::rider::rider::rider:

Welcome to Texas, TWT and the Clear Lake area. On Wednesdays we have a pretty good crowd that turns out for the Clear Lake Bike Night at Joe Lee's right there next to Kemah on FM2094. We had a Kiwi in our group, a really great guy, but he passed away last year and we miss him. No one can fill his shoes, but we are below our kiwi quotient and we were concerned about how to fill that gap. So ... why don't you come out, we can check you over and see if you fit in. :lol2::lol2::mrgreen:

No really, this is Texas (and the Clear Lake group), where there is always room for one more.

Welcome aboard!

Sorry you're stuck that close to Houston :haha:

I've got a VFR, though mine is a year newer and has "VTEC" :shrug:
Keep the shiny side up! :rider:

Gee thanks Jasen, your a real friend. Your skills are truly impressive, almost magical even. Now for your next trick.... how about an 800GS with the ultimate package of farkles and goodies, or a Tiger800 with safari package??
Just how good are you exactly???
:eat::eat::eat::rider::rider::rider:
Sorry, my powers are limited to weather only. If I could accomplish the above request, my garage would look a whole lot better.

But...just for questioning my skills, let me see if I can't arrange some high heat and unbearable humidity for you. Should be coming along soon. :lol2:

a bloody kiwi, there goes the neighbourhood! :-P
Cheers mate, right back at you

Sorry, my powers are limited to weather only. If I could accomplish the above request, my garage would look a whole lot better. But...just for questioning my skills, let me see if I can't arrange some high heat and unbearable humidity for you. Should be coming along soon. :lol2:

Thanks so much, I thought you were going to stretch yourself!
I could have achieved that much myself. lol

Back