• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Camping In Real/Edwards County

Reaction score
www.ledgewater.com

Biker friendly. Swimming holes. Showers. Huge campsites. Smoker pits. Pavillion with enough power for a live band. Eats/gas/grocies are 15 minutes away. 1068 acres so more than enough room to hold an annual event.

Try it out, we're going back next May

DAM

Thanks for posting that. There used to be a nice little family-owned private campground/RV park on Hwy 187 (directly across from the Lone Star Motorcycle Museum) that I really enjoyed visiting, but the place was sold a few years ago and it was closed down last I saw. The Sabinal Canyon Campground if anybody remembers it. Anyway, Ledgewater looks very similar, with the additional benefit of being right on the river.

Sitting beside a campfire in the evening, some meat sizzling on the pit, a frosty beer in hand, doing a little star-gazing, listening to the river tumbling over the rocks...
Yeah, I'm there! 8-)

Hmmm...I"m thinking we need to plan a TWTEX camping trip when the weather turns a little cooler.

Pete

txcpl said:
Hmmm...I"m thinking we need to plan a TWTEX camping trip when the weather turns a little cooler.

I'm in for that! I have been waiting patiently for the weather to start cooling off a bit so I can start thinking about camping again!!! :mrgreen:

:tab FoxFire Cabins are right on the river near the museum. They are nice cabins, all with outdoor fire pits and decks. Last I checked they were about $125 per night for a two bedroom with a queen sleeper in the living room. Full kitchens. Very bike friendly but reservations have to be made pretty far in advance because they are pretty popular. They also have a huge farmhouse right on the river, which is where I stayed. It sleeps 16, assuming many of the beds are shared ;-)

Tourmeister said:
...It sleeps 16, assuming many of the beds are shared ;-)

I'm shocked - SHOCKED - that you would even suggest such a thing! Gonna tell yo momma 'bout you. :mrgreen:

So what's the daily rate on that farmhouse?

I didn't say a word about what might occur in those shared beds...

Tourmeister said:
I didn't say a word about what might occur in those shared beds...

Yes, but that was a very suggestive wink you tacked on at the end of that post!
Hey, it's all in fun --> ;-)

I looked up the rate for the Farm House at Foxfire, and it's only $165.00 during peak season. Split between 8 couples it wouldn't be a whole lot more expensive than tent camping. Not bad!

Back