• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Feelin' SOWELL We Gotta Camp! Nov. 3-5, 2017

More crappy pics of excellent folks
09172e55e2cc849eee0fd8b3401b0303.jpg
5a9c2d5d0ff26e6d42d9b59dd2c124f7.jpg
6216b46aa1812e73771ba9209482d1af.jpg
8191bd03fbaff4346674b0f9b8d68677.jpg

And a walking stick!
b1bf021bdff70cb8837ed78b7e49a783.jpg

Nate, very happy to hear you’re feeling better.

Except for Nate’s ‘incident’, it was an outstanding weekend, brimming with good folk, good eats, good roads and lots of laughter.

2257b7599e1e7f16a19eb874b6f22613.jpg

300f83afbd124d1eab51f55afbf3b446.jpg

8f8e82ff44ac739a80971d91372ae0c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5819ab7036911ef75aaa85b22f782fae.jpg

Great picture Gina! Thank you!

The first camping trip with the fur kids was a success. They did outstanding!

Thank you to the camping commitee Gina and Kat, Sowel Creek is a great find worth returning to.

Thank you Dave for cooking, it was delicious. Lynn, your hamburgers were stellar. Rick, thank you for the delicious cobler.

Ive learned to not totally rely on cellphone technology, it was frustrating to be in the dark when there was a need to be addressed. So glad that the ankle was the only injury Nate. Could have been far worse.

Enjoyed all of your company and conversation. See you at the next event!

Last edited:
Anyone heard how nate is doing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

It was a great weekend. Thanks to Kat and Gina for picking the right weekend and place to have a riding/camping weekend. Some events just work out well. This one did. Dave, of course, provided the meeting place with his lighted pavilion, exceptional chef skills and cooking equipment. JT led an relaxed and easy ride for the tiddlers. I'm sure that his hot rod Honda and the three KTM 690's could have blazed down those gravel roads much faster, way too fast for my courage, skills or KLX 250s. Nate had a fall but handled it well. I hope you heal quickly without any complications. Tom proved that an RT can handle dry dirt/gravel roads but not necessarily happily. Kat proved that she is still a good, strong bike rider. Is another bike in her future?

Anyone heard how nate is doing?

I’m doing pretty well all things considered. Turned out to be a dislocated big toe and a mild concussion. I’m going to see and ortho doctor tomorrow to have it reset.

Robert, thanks for the excellent summation of a fine weekend :-) I'm glad my mirrors and wires gave the illusion of riding capability. Or maybe Q just makes me look good.

Nate! So glad you've got some clear info on your ouchfest. Now on to healfest! We're all sending the good vibes to get you back together. Not sure it works on bikes but we'll do our best :sun:

Whiskey might help too. Glad you are ok

Glad you’ll be ok, Nate. Concermed about the concussion; did your helmet fit properly, i wonder?

For sure, I’d be replacing it now. Super glad you had those boots on.

Concerned about the concussion; did your helmet fit properly, i wonder?

Yes, I was actually really happy with how the helmet performed. My head didn't move at all in the helmet itself. It was the shock to the back of the head that did it. The only real symptom was dizziness for several days after. Especially if I turned my head in certain direction, I would get what felt like vertigo. Dr said its pretty normal after any kind of head impact. Needless to say I will definitely be getting a replacement helmet.

As far as my foot goes, I found out yesterday from my orthopedic doctor that my big toe will require surgery to repair. I'm schedule to go in this morning to have the bones reset and insert a temporary pin to keep them aligned. It seems like a relatively minor procedure and I should be back home later this afternoon.

Jeesh, Nate. Dang I’m glad for the gear you were wearing.

And I imagine you have some pretty good bruising about your ribs and back too. Ouch!

Good luck with the surgery. Keep us posted.

Back