• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Shock help needed!

Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Gates
I had a little cash allocated for a new exhaust system, but I would lose the centerstand, so that's on hold.

I would like a new rear shock for my 93 VFR750F, preferably Ohlins. Found a great price at Cyclemall for $650 for a 46 HRCS, but they now say its no longer available. :biggun:

Does anyone know a place to get a really good shock at a reasonable price?
:cry:

PM me if you know something right now.

Cycle Center of Denton

Call CCofD @ 888-808-1251 and ask for the svrider.com discount (they will give you the discount even if you don't own a SV!). They should be able to get your Ohlins or Fox.

Or, you could check out Traxxion Dynamics. I've got the Penske Sport Shock for my SV, and it's great! At $575 it's quite a bargain, IMO. It's got preload, rebound, and ride height adjustability. I can add compression adjustment for $125 if I feel that I want that. Which, at the moment, I don't.

Re: Penske Sport Shock

I've got a Penske on my VF500 and I love it! I'd like to eventually upgrade the shock on my VFR, but I'm not sure what I want yet. I like the stocker's remote preload adjuster, so the Ohlins is a natural choice, but the Ohlins isn't ride height adjustable like the Penske on my 500 is. I find this an important tuning tool as well as needing to increase rear ground clearance a bit. My left exit TBR hangs a bit low for ground clearance and though I've never scraped it, I'm afraid a bumpy left hander might eventually get it. If I could raise the rear suspension a bit, I could also bring my fork tubes back up to stock position and achieve the same steering effect. Does anyone out there have an aftermarket shock on a VFR and know how hard it is to adjust preload without the remote adjuster?

Back