TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > Texas Dualsport Riding > Texas Adventure Rider's Assoc. > Upcoming TARA Rides/Events

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 11-01-2018, 05:06 PM   #1
tperk314
Forum Supporter

TARA DFW North November 2018 Happenings

First Tuesday Alert!

Hey folks...November caught me by surprise! Please remember that our First Tuesday meeting in November will actually be on the first Wednesday, November 7th! It will be at El Fenix in Grapevine...7PM. A couple reasons for this: First...I have to work on Tuesday night and couldn't trade with anybody. Second...it's election day. I know some folks might still be trying to vote, watching the returns on TV, or maybe going to parties. No reason to cause another conflict...so we just moved it one day. Good chips & salsa, cold beer & margaritas, and Mexican food. Mix in good motorcycle talk & you have all the fixins for a good time!

Each month I set up seating for 20 riders, & we usually get somewhere between 15-20 show up. Last month we had over 30! I set up for 25 this time around. There is no need for RSVP, but if you have never been before...and plan on coming this month...let me know...either by posting here, or email at tara.dfwnorth@yahoo.com As always...bring your family & friends (if you are coming with a group of more than 4...let me know).

Upcoming ride events: The Texas Hill Country 500 is this coming weekend. Hope to hear from all the guys that went down for the ride & see how it went. It sounds like it is going to be a great event. I was planning to go, but family conflicts forced me to cancel. I hope we have a good showing from DFW. If you are interested in going...check out the thread: http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117802 Not a lot of time to think about it though...it starts tomorrow!

November is a great time to take your dirt/DS bikes out to one of the parks for a day on the trails. Usually the weather is pretty good (if the rain ever stops), and you won't sweat to death putting in a good days ride. Anyone wanting to set up a ride...feel free to post it up here.

There is an out-of-state ride in early December. The Tucson Dual Sport Club is having their annual "Festivus" ride December 8 & 9. I'm posting it up in the November thread so that you will have plenty of time to plan, if you are looking for someplace to go in December. The Tucson area in December is great for riding!
You can get all the info at: http://www.tucsondualsport.com

OK...there's the info I have now. Get out and ride...see you on the road or trail!
tperk314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:10 PM   #2
tperk314
Forum Supporter

Re: TARA DFW North November 2018 Happenings

WEDNESDAY...WEDNESDAY...WEDNESDAY!

Our first meet of the month will be this Wednesday...November 7th...at El Fenix in Grapevine...7PM. Come out for cold beer and Mexican food...bike talk...& ride planning, See you there.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:57 PM   #3
Dahveed

I might make this. Maybe. We'll see.

The DFW Area DS Road Map
Dahveed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:58 PM   #4
tperk314
Forum Supporter

Another good meeting last night...with 21 riders & guests. Anyone wanting to put together a ride, or a day at a park...post it up here. I will copy the info & send it out on the email list.

Anyone not on the email list...that wants to be...drop me a note at tara.dfwnorth@yahoo.com & I will add you.

See you on the road...or trail. Have a great Thanksgiving,
Old 11-08-2018, 05:21 PM   #5
TossingLead
Forum Supporter

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118801
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Big Bend Christmas

05 Tiger.............................................73 CB550Four Long Gone
03 KLX400..........................................08 KLR650 Traded In
15 YZ250FX Tagged.............................71 SUZUKI TS125 Gone
82 GL1100I Naked Build Report...............05 DR200SE Sold
71 CB750 Hardtail Chopper Project PIX.... 96 Shadow ACE 1100 Turquoise/Black Sold
75 GL1000 next up to put on the Road.... 00 Savage (wife's) Sold
TossingLead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 06:55 PM   #6
tperk314
Forum Supporter

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! I'm going to try to make it up to Red River on Saturday. Nothing organized or planned, just a day of riding. The weather is supposed to be good. Swing by if you can make it up. I will be in a silver Chevy diesel truck. I will try to put up the TARA banner. Feel free to pull in and park with us. If no one is there...we are out riding & should be back shortly.