• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cheap-o Top Box

10-95

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think txmedic???? bought one of these. I finally broke down and paid my $50, actually $67 once shipping, etc is added. I got it here: E-Bay Link

It’s not GIVI, but for about 1/3 the cost it is FAN-FRIGGIN’-TASTIC. I think the only thing I’m going to do extra is run some bolts up from my factory rack thru the bottom of the case with wingnuts for added security, the baseplate is kinda flimsy. The lock looks decent and will probably dissuade the casual thief.

Case mounted on bike:

onbikexp9.jpg

baseplate:

baseplatezg0.jpg

empty case:

emptycaseek3.jpg

w/ XL helmet:

helmetholdff7.jpg

Is that a Weber on the back of your bike?

Just kidding! Looks like a good deal for sure.

Same box except I ordered flat black. I don't miss the "added value" of Givi at all.

Boxercup Dave said:
Is that a Weber on the back of your bike?

I never even noticed. Until now. Thanks. :argh:

I think I'm gonna get one of my co-workers that paints to match it to my bike. He's got a good eye for paint and will do it for the cost of the materials.

10-95 said:
I never even noticed. Until now. Thanks. :argh:

I think I'm gonna get one of my co-workers that paints to match it to my bike. He's got a good eye for paint and will do it for the cost of the materials.
you might get the color code and take it to the local auto paint shop and see if they can match it for you. I was able to do that with my Honda. that way it will be THE color of your bike.

tx-vfr said:
you might get the color code and take it to the local auto paint shop and see if they can match it for you. I was able to do that with my Honda. that way it will be THE color of your bike.
Even easier: Color-Rite will find the color and place it in your cart based on year/make/model. It even lets you know if/when a specific base coat is needed to achieve proper color match.

Year: 2006 Make: Suzuki Model(s): DL1000
Code: YHG
Paint Name: Oort Gray Metallic
Touch-up Pen ($15.95)
Touch-up Jar ($20.95) (1lbs)
Aerosol ($32.95) (+1lbs)
1/2 Pint ($72.95)
Pint ($107.95) (+1lbs)
Quart ($165.95) (+2lbs)

I'd say you're somewhere just at or over a touch-up jars worth (depends on base color and whether you're painting the top and bottom of the case or just the lid). If it's not costing you anything for labor, have him go with the 1/2 pint so he's guaranteed to have plenty. If stored properly, you can save the extra for dings & scratches later.

I'm thinking Krylon flat black spray can. $.99 on sale at Lowe's.

I'm cheap............

Back