• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My turn to ask

Please keep your mind on your riding when you head home ;-)

Very sorry about your BIL. Tough situation to be sure. Definitely praying for you and the extended family.

Please keep your mind on your riding when you head home ;-)

Very sorry about your BIL. Tough situation to be sure. Definitely praying for you and the extended family.

Yeah, what he said. We don't want to hear of you having an accident on the way back.

This is, I'm sure, an emotional time for you. If you don't feel up to riding, PM me and I will come get you in my truck with trailer and we can tow you and your bike home.

God be with you and your family and know that many prayers from your TWT family are being sent your way

Bob, thanks for the offer. My wife brought clothes and stuff for an overnight stay. If it is too late or I'm not up to riding we will just stay in town.

Well, we ended up staying a hotel in Temple. Went back to the hospital in the morning and had a short visit with my sister and headed home to feed the dog and maybe work a little. About 15 minutes after I got to the office my sister called with the news that he passed away around 11am. So now I'm at my folks house cleaning up. That way neither my sister nor my folks arrive to a mess. Then it's home to work remotely. I'm tired, but I can't even imagine how tired my sister is.

Thanks everybody for prayers. The bad part is over.

Thanks everybody for prayers. The bad part is over.

The bad part might be over for him but adjusting to life without him will be tough for his family, especially after the funeral when all the friends drift back into their regular routines... I'll try to keep them in my prayers.

Well, his daughters are from a previous marriage. The youngest lives with her mother and the oldest is married. So that helps some. The oldest lives in Corpus Christi, not too far from my sister. I suspect my sister will sell the house and move back up to Austin. That will be tough on her. My wife is planning on going down to help with the house prep.

But yes, the adjustment will take time.

:tab It's strange. We ALL die. People have been dying for millennia. Yet we are almost always surprised when someone dies. I guess it is obviously worse when it is unexpected, but it seems like even when it is expected it is still really hard to take. There is just something about us that really wants things not to change and the mind seems to resist/fear it when things do change.

So sorry to read this. I haven't checked the forums for a few days and I'm just now seeing this. Peace be with you and your family...

Thanks all. Had dinner with my sister this evening. She's headed back to Port A. to start sorting things out tomorrow. Memorial isn't until the 5th.

Well, time to wrap it up. This Saturday is the memorial in Port Aransas. Yep, i thought it would be in Austin, but they lived down there and Clyde had more friends there recently. So keep the family and friends in your thoughts and prayers as they gather to send him off. If you are in the area, they are doing a brief ceremony on the south jetty, then a wake for anyone that knew him at Shorty's. Or the field next to Shorty's. 3pm on the jetty, around 4pm at Shorty's.

So sorry to read this. I haven't checked the forums for a few days and I'm just now seeing this. Peace be with you and your family...

+1
Rusty, I'm very sorry for your loss, and your family will be in my prayers. I will pray for strength for your sister.

Hi Rusty

I also missed reading your about your sad journey, but will offer prayers for strength, guidance & grace for your sister, you & all the family.

Stay safe, my friend.

Back