• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Yamaha WR450R here

As I stated above the WR250R is a good bike but heavy, expensive and underpowered (but not for its class). So a WR450R would be even heavier and more expensive putting it right along the bikes I highlighted above. Reliability might be superior to some but not by that much. My TE630 brand new was less expensive than a WR250R and has twice the hp and only 20 lbs heavier (only 5 lbs if you ditch the dual exhaust with cats). You say the DRZ400 is heavy but the same weight as your bike and the E model is 20 lbs lighter. Nothing to wait for, like Hood Ornament says ride today!

Hey wait...how can you keep riding? Those bikes are too unreliable and always are in the garage broken down aren't they? haha

_

Yup, 10K miles on the 450 and 30K on the 690. Gee, I've got more miles on my 690 then I do on my "dependable" DR 650. :rofl:

DId you have clutch leakage problem during the ET500 ?

Yep but that was after the factory warranty was over >1 year. Following week I took the bike to BBRSP and rode hard for 6 days without fixing it. Just added a little mineral oil daily and backbleed. Took me 2 minutes every morning. I would have done that and still rode the ET500 that year if not for the other bikes breaking down and needing to be picked up.

_

Back