• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Gerbing warranty/repairs

Reaction score
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Bowman
I have a Gerbing heated jacket liner that came with one of my bike purchases many years ago - thank you Adan - for introducing me to such a great product. At the time I talked with my local dealer Maxim Honda and found out that Gerbing had a lifetime warranty.

The liner has worked flawlessly for all these years and the many years before I became its owner. Recently one of the interior seams where the sleeve connects to the body of the jacket unraveled and on my last trip the heat in both sleeves stopped heating.

I took the liner to Maxim Honda, now Maxim Honda and Yamaha, in Allen, TX and found out that Gerbings was sold in 2012 and bye-bye lifetime warranty. However, the new Gerbing (without the s) does provide repair work. I was skeptical about the price of repair work but I had Maxim send the product back with a $100 limit on the price of the repair.

I was pleasantly surprised when Maxim called and said the seam and the heat in both sleeves will be repaired and shipped back for only $49. I'm a happy camper! With the price of new jacket liners running $250, I'm very happy with a $49 repair to extend the life of the existing liner.

So if you have a Gerbing that needs repair, I was pleasantly surprised with the afforable repair. The information on warranty and repairs can be found at http://gerbing.com/support

Also, Gordon Gerbings, the original founder, is back in business if you prefer to have a lifetime warranty on your products. Their URL is http://gordonsheated.com/

Wow. So many people only post their gripes. Thanks for posting a success story.

I have the old Gerbings stuff but have never had a reason to try out their customer service. 10+ years of use and it is still in top operating condition.

I've had a few interactions with them and EVERY time has been an outstanding experience...from my first experience having them custom make my pants (I'm slightly vertically challenged)...had a short in a connector on a 3 month winter trip from the northeast to Mexico that caused my gloves to overheat and burn my hand...and they shipped me new gloves and connectors to catch up with me on my trip...then had me ship all of my gear back to make sure all of the wiring was in good shape...I had both old connectors and new..so I got it back with all new wiring with the new connectors...never have enough good things to say about them :)

a friend gave me a pair of gerbing gloves with bare wire showing in the plug tail. I had to pay shipping back to the repair department but there was "NO CHARGE" for the repair or return shipping. LIFETIME warranty!

Reactions: Vec
Back