• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Spider Test Ride - Almost new owner

cdc

Registered Lurker
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Diaz
A few of us in Katy and one out of towner, visited Wild West for a test ride of the Spiders, overall I think all went home with a better impression of the handling and comfort. This is the second test ride for me and I really did not care too much for the feel. They took us on a long loop more than 20 minutes and much longer than previous tests of other brands.

Interestingly, one in our group came well prepared, with plenty research, we suspect he is already a member of ILoveMySpider.com, a specialized forum.

He asked us to keep his identity secret while he prepares a presentation for the wife and gets the Dr's Prescription, but I thought it would be interesting to see if he is recognized here. I left his ear and part of his head to help you guess. :trust:

The first one to recognize him, wins lunch the next time we are at a RTE or similar. "Locals" are disqualified...

F3FC441B-4D89-40E6-8D79-9F2511E1C888_zpsjimi9wep.jpg

Last edited:
The coolest thing I've seen is a wheelchair hanging off the back of a spider.

I haven't ridden a Spider, as it just isn't my thing. The people who own them seem to love them, so I do think I'd like to at least try one once.

I think they're a load of fun. Feels like a big, fast and stable quad. Different than a motorcycle. But if I got to the point where two wheels was not an option, I'd be happy with one if those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I've always said, I ride at my wife's pleasure, and one of these days, she'll pull the plug on my two-wheel riding. So I'm keeping my options open and never saying never. I've always said the day I park the bike, I go shopping for a Porsche. But I wouldn't discount a Can Am without trying it first.

I can't imagine anyone owning one of them unless they also had a few 2 wheelers. Just my 2 cents!

Met a guy riding a full-dress Spi/yder at the 1st rest stop in CA, from AZ->NV, headed for Huntington Beach in Dec '11 and rode with him until he peeled off for San Diego. I was a tad anxious running in the typical Sunday evening LV to LA traffic (!!!!!) over Cajon Pass at >90mph but it surely was easy following those distinctive talllights on the Spi/yder. When the ol' back and hips give up the fight (was gonna say :ghost: but that might have been taken wrong, present company considered :lol2:) I can see myself on a 3-wheeler.

So far, so good - but dayum, that seat on the new KTM 500EXC is a loooong way up!
*fingers-crossed smilie*

Back