• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

FZ10 Critique

Reaction score
First Name
Dennie
Last Name
Spears
Observations and critique of my FZ10
1. Start looking for gas at around 100 miles.
2. Lots of buttons-reading the owner's manual is a must
3. Ground clearance was the limiting factor for cornering speed on the FZ1, it probably will not be on the FZ10
4. The hard seat does not dictate stop frequency, gas takes care of that.
5. At low speeds, the cross plane engine feels like a large bore twin.
6. Passengers are not going to be happy, at least not the ones over 65.
7. Riders are going to be happy, especially if they have been riding an FZ1.
8. Expect everything from "nice bike" to "what the ****."
9. Hitting the "off" button on the cruise control is like hitting the rear brakes fairly hard. Hitting the brakes to turn it off is not so abrupt.

Nice, I'm kinda jealous. But since I just swapped the track tires for some street tires on the gixxer so I can ride it, I'm not that jealous. But I am jealous, especially as a former owner of two FZ1's.

There was still some life in the GPA's.....

Not with the weather we've been having lately.

From this and everything else I've read and watched, it seems like maybe Yamaha has finally given us the FZ1 we've been asking for for so long.

Come test it out in our area...i have some really good curvy routes out in Brenham...

I haven't read the owners manual yet, but the traction control may not permit anything but little bitty wheelies.

When you switch the cruise off, could you smooth it out by a touch of throttle and maybe slip the clutch slightly?

I haven't gotten that far. Just switched the cruise on a couple of times to see how it worked. It wasn't bothersome, just different than on any other vehicle I have driven.

100 miles to low fuel? I get it's not exactly a big touring barge, but that's pretty lame for a street-oriented bike. My '15 Z1000 would get at least 140-150 or so until the fuel light started blinking, and then you could still squeeze another 30-40 out of it if needed.

Still I'd love to give one a shot. I was really impressed with my buddy's FZ09, and if this bike had been available when I was shopping for my Z1k, would have been hard to pass up.

New observation. Fuel gauge goes from full to half full in one step. After that it's small increments. Another observation. I like this bike a LOT.

I did a short demo ride on one. It felt rather tall and upright to me. I'd drop the bars first thing if I bought one.

Back