• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I need pieces of anodized aluminum

Reaction score
So I'm trying to customize the way my license plate frame is mounted onto the bike. I've actually already got a perfect scrap piece for the plate itself to mount to, but now I just need a couple of pieces of "S" shaped aluminum in order to mount it properly to the frame in the way I want it.

There's no one out there that makes a specific type of frame the way I want it, but if I can get my hands on some anodized aluminum, bend it to the shape I need, it will be perfect. I just dont know where to look for pieces like this.

FWIW, this may be a little more DIy than you are looking for but it isn't that hard to make it out of raw aluminum and then anodize it yourself.... Some small tubs, depending on the size would be plenty to get it done. You might try and google it.

Some aluminium will not brnd well. Do not use 6061. As it will crack use 7071 or 5000 series alumium

any good aircraft structures guy could hook you up. Just check your local airport and ask around. Like any Aviator they love to show off.

Metals Supermarket is located near the northern 287/820 merge on 287 in SW Ft. Worth. Probably not very far from you.

It's on the north side of 287 in a group of warehouses. Not hard to find.

They have scrap and remnant pieces of all kinds of metal all sold for scrap pricing ... at least they did 10 years ago. It's been a while.

https://www.metalsupermarkets.com/fort-worth/

Back