• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Around the Bend & Lone Star Reunion Feb 28 - Mar 3, 2019

Hi guys, I just registered and I can't wait to get to BB. I did the 2016 Uncle's and I remember struggling with the last deep sand part of the ride. I was riding DR650 at that time. This time I will be on even heavier Ktm990 and I would like to get some practice on the sand before heading to BB. Do you guys know any place close to San Antonio where one could practice? I ride quite a bit around Bandera and Leakey but didn't find anything with deeper thin sand. Thank you all in advance.

Take it to Zars ranch, (DBSA lease). Deep sand on track by entrance-not recommended on that bike- the fire roads to river would be good practice.

I have my reservation and registration complete. I hope to meet some new riding partners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should be able to ride by then. Healing up from triple bypass and valve repair. I plan to tent camp, or install a hitch and pull my Roll-a-Home trailer, not really minimalistic but it's getting hard to sleep on the floor of a tent (and get up from there).;-)

Is there a designated tent camping area for this gathering? Thinking of making the trip from Cajun country to visit you always fun Texans!

Is there a designated tent camping area for this gathering? Thinking of making the trip from Cajun country to visit you always fun Texans!

No, not for this year's event.

In past years we have had access to some private land in Terlingua for camping but that land is no longer available.

The closest camping is at the Big Bend Motor Inn & Resort in Study Butte. Other camping areas are available in the area.

No, not for this year's event.
The closest camping is at the Big Bend Motor Inn & Resort in Study Butte. Other camping areas are available in the area.

Count me in...Registered and Paid for self and Tom Woodman.

Big Bend Motor Inn & Resort is basically camping in a gravel parking lot, though you do get access to the shower.

Last edited:
Viva Terlingua !
You guys enjoy the BB. Im dropping out of this one. Got to much on my plate.
Ride On :pirate:

I am planning to attend this BIg Bend ride. I am from Norman Ok and not sure if I know anyone else attending. I did MexTrek in October so I might know some of you (but not by your profile names....). I was the guy from Oklahoma on the CB500x at MexTrek

Anyway I am really looking forward to seeing Big Bend and meeting more TWT folks

John joyce
Plainfast
2013 CB500X

Count me in...Registered and Paid for self and Tom Woodman.

Big Bend Motor Inn & Resort is basically camping in a gravel parking lot, though you do get access to the shower.

The whole country is basically a gravel parking lot:lol2:

I have my reservation and registration complete. I hope to meet some new riding partners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my AirBnB booked.

I usually lead (technically follow) a new riders/new to BBNP riders ride on Friday, all are welcome. No one left behind.

I am planning to attend this BIg Bend ride. I am from Norman Ok and not sure if I know anyone else attending. I did MexTrek in October so I might know some of you (but not by your profile names....). I was the guy from Oklahoma on the CB500x at MexTrek

Anyway I am really looking forward to seeing Big Bend and meeting more TWT folks

John joyce
Plainfast
2013 CB500X
I remember you from Mextrek John and look forward to seeing you in BB!

I've got an AirBnB booked just outside Terlingua with Ropeburn (Thomas), John and Julie Andrews, and Kathy Hearn. I'll be pulling into town late Wednesday, and hope to put together a Pinto Canyon ride that day before the rally officially starts.

I've got an AirBnB booked just outside Terlingua with Ropeburn (Thomas), John and Julie Andrews, and Kathy Hearn. I'll be pulling into town late Wednesday, and hope to put together a Pinto Canyon ride that day before the rally officially starts.

Hmmm, sounds interesting.

I did that loop last year. It was great. The only issue I had was the road along the river just after the hill was gated and marked no trespassing. There is a stretch of about 7 to 10 miles that appears to be a private gated road.

We did it from Marfa last year, with no gates. This year I'm thinking of starting in Terlingua, cutting across BBRSP, then around on Pinto Canyon to Candelaria. Back on 170. Anybody who's in Terlingua Thursday morning is welcome to join.

Just mapped it out while I finished my coffee. 274 miles might be a little excessive on a dual sport, but I'm generally down for anything in Big Bend. Another option is I'll have my truck, a trailer, and an extra driver, we could just haul the bikes to Marfa.

https://goo.gl/maps/uoktcvkJS7T2

Just mapped it out while I finished my coffee. 274 miles might be a little excessive on a dual sport, but I'm generally down for anything in Big Bend. Another option is I'll have my truck, a trailer, and an extra driver, we could just haul the bikes to Marfa.

https://goo.gl/maps/uoktcvkJS7T2

Oh, if you are talking about the loop from Marfa back down to Ruidosa ignore what I said about marked gates. The loop with the gates and no trespassing signs is the road heading North from Candelaria.

Last edited:
Back