• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Don G

Aspear

Reaction score
First Name
Samuel
Last Name
Hastings
My buddy Don went down at cycleranch Friday. Over jumped a jump and landed in the face of the next. Broken tib,fib and ankle.
He is currently at bamc in San Antonio.
Had surgery over the weekend and went back in at 10am today for some screws.

Your prayers are appreciated.
Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My buddy Don went down at cycleranch Friday. Over jumped a jump and landed in the face of the next. Broken tib,fib and ankle.
He is currently at bamc in San Antonio.
Had surgery over the weekend and went back in at 10am today for some screws.

Your prayers are appreciated.
Thank you.

Prayers sent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be praying for sure.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Just left BAMC. Tib/fib break was right below the knee, so he got some screws. He walked some with a boot and a walker today. He is questioning about continuing to ride MX. He is 47 and doesnt want to continue to break bones. Worried about his job. But overall was in good spirits.

If I had grown up riding MX, it would be a harder choice. That said, I have never ridden MX. As exciting and fun as it looks, I am content to leave it be since I am 52, self employed, sole family bread winner, and don't heal like I used to. So I can totally relate to his thoughts.

Praying for Don.

Keeping good thoughts for his recovery.

I know how he feels I grew up racing MX but as I aged I moved to single track, at 56 years old I no longer feel the need to clear a double much less attempt a triple.

I will gladly leave the track to the young guys and enjoy a day of singletrack instead

He has been moved to warm springs rehabilitation hospital in San Antonio, should be there two weeks for pt, than back to bamc. No weight bearing yet.

He has been moved to warm springs rehabilitation hospital in San Antonio, should be there two weeks for pt, than back to bamc. No weight bearing yet.

Healing prayers....:sun:

Back