• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Opinions on 1 piece riding suits

Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Later this year I plan on replacing my 2 worn out jackets and riding pants.

I am considering going to a 1 piece suit instead of a jacket and pants.

I have looked at Aerostitch, but as nice as they are they are out of my price range. So, I have been doing some searching today and have reading about the following suits.

Tourmaster Centurion (I like this one best so far and $332.)

Alpine Stars 360R

Joe Rocket Survior

Firstgear Expedition ($499. top of the price range)

I will use the suit for light touring and, weekend street riding.
Anyone have any experiance with any of these or have any suggestions?

I purchased an Olympia stealth last year. I have only worn it a couple of times (yes, that is all I have ridden as well). But so for I really like it. I wear it over my work clothes to commute on Fridays, and have worn it for a couple of short trips to my place up in Nacogdoches County.

You are welcome to come over a check it out if you like. I see that you too are in The Woodlands.

Last edited:
add TEIZ to your list. I have 2 of their suits both work well.

Google them up ... Lots of reviews.

And yeah I like mine. :sun:

I went to the Teizms site and they seem very well made and in my price range. Anyone live near Houston so that I could see one in person, or better yet, going to the pie run this month (April)?

Have you looked around for used Roadcrafters (here or ADVrider flea market)? It's not hard to find them cheap and in good condition. I like mine, except when I walk into a restaurant. You can't just throw it on the back of a chair.

I came so close to pulling the trigger on an Olympia Stealth on friday. I was hemming and hawing because the sleeves and legs were a perfect fit but the torso length crotch to shoulders seemed a smidge tight. Then my phone blew up with a zillion emails about one of my servers being down and I had to beat feet back to work. Still considering it though for my summer daily commuting suit.

Absolutely nothing I've seen on the market comes close to the Olympia Stealth as a Texas-summer-capable one-piece. Others talk about ventillation openings, etc. The Stealth *is* one big vent. Superb protection, very easy entry/exit, and comfortable. If you want a one piece to be your waterproof and/or cold weather touring suit, it's definitely not what you are looking for. But if you want a one piece that is not only tolerable in warm weather, but downright at home in hot weather, the Stealth is just about your only good option. Fortunately, it's a GREAT option. Being in the Houston area, I think you'd get more use out of it than any of the other options you listed, but again, it's not your typical "all weather" one-piece option.

Which ever you decide on, be sure and watch the crotch to shoulder length. While they weren't riding one piece suits, we had some at work that could get real uncomfortable after wearing them for a couple hours. The length was all right at first but after you worked in them a little while they could become REAL pain in the shoulders and/or crotch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am considering going to a 1 piece suit instead of a jacket and pants....

I recently purchased one of the discontinued Mojave textile riding suits from Teiz Motorsports. They have a few sizes remaining at $199: http://www.teizms.com/mojave-mesh-one-piece-riding-suit-p-3.html?osCsid=u87fuueaffbnimadbt1avbp1k4

The suit is well made and the main zippers are quality. Protection should be comparable to other products except there are no hip pads as in most pants. A suggestion to Teiz is to that a 2-way main zipper would be much more convenient.

I tried it out this past weekend riding to/from the Texas National Rally in Llano in temps up into the unseasonal 90+ degree temps. The suit worked well over my camp shorts and riding boots on Saturday & Sunday.

I prefer 1-piece over 2-piece suits for riding, but it is inconvenient when wearing over shorts & boots: When you stop for lunch, your riding buddies will not let you go into the cafe' with 'em if you remove the suit, exposing your stylish attire of shorts & boots. Teiz also makes a suit designed for commuting. /Lee

Thanks for the tip Hemibee, I guess I'm back to trying to find me a two piece that'll fit my dimensions.

Google them up ... Lots of reviews.

And yeah I like mine. :sun:
the owner of Teiz is on the forum (check the vendor section) and I hear he's looking to move his business to the DFW area.
In another thread he says a lof of his work is custom build-to-order suits.

I've been eying Teiz and the Stealth for my commuting purposes.

Ended up buying coryg's Olympia airglide jacket and pants he had for sale on here. Gotta get the pants hemmed a little, but I'll be test riding them in the morning.

Back